latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Forum integration

Home Forums Community Forum Forum integration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 2:22 am #31914

One more questions for you guys,

Our site is also supposed to implement community support via a forum. Once a user is logged in to the site, they should have access to the forum and should NOT be required login twice.

So the question is: is there an integrated forum feature within the s2Member plugin, or does it support an integration to other plugins that implement the forum functionality? If so, how do you transfer the user context (profile) to the forum component?

Thanks for your help,

Moty

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 11:16 am #31930
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Moty,

I believe you can achieve this, the same way s2member.com has done it for these forums. It is using a heavily modified version of bbPress if I’m not mistaken.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 1:12 pm #31939

In fact, you should check your own support videos. There is one video that sheds some light about this very question of how to establish single-sign-on between s2Members and bbPress. For the benefits of others I post the URL here:

http://www.s2member.com/videos/865C82877F3D587C/

I hope that your answers to my other questions are going to be a bit more researched and informative.

Thanks in advance,

Moty

Posted: Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #31949
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Oh that’s new, thanks for the video Moty. Haven’t checked the videos section for more than a year now. :P

Or I simply missed it, because it seems like an old video.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:02 am #31963

is there an integrated forum feature within the s2Member plugin, or does it support an integration to other plugins that implement the forum functionality? If so, how do you transfer the user context (profile) to the forum component?

Right, there’s a bbPress integration possible. You found the video already, the documentation is here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Integrations -› bbPress®[/hilite]

What do you mean by transfering the user’s WordPress profile to bbPress? The profile is not shown by bbPress as it happens with BuddyPress.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.