latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Forum Question – Important***

Home Forums Community Forum Forum Question – Important***

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  JD Duran 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 11:41 pm #34102
JD Duran
Username: jdduran30

Hey,

We have a forum that is a pretty big part of our website and in the WordPress registration that have to use a username that our Forum plugin recognizes as the username. When people register for the site, is there a way we can have them still sign up with a username that our Forum plugin will recognize still?? Or when they sign up does it still work the WordPress usernames?

This is an urgent matter!

Thanks!!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 7:52 am #34130

JD, you’d need to ask this to the support guys of the forum script you’re using.

If it’s a WP plugin, then it’d use the WP display name most probably, but if it’s a separate script, it’d need to be integrated with WP in some way.

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 8:46 am #34135
JD Duran

It does use the WordPress display name. And that’s why I’m asking. When people signup to our site (via s2member now) will they still be able to create a username (that links with WordPress) that we can use in the forum?

I know for a fact the Forum plugin uses the WordPress usernames, which is why I wanted to ask you guys. Does that make sense or did I confuse you? lol

Thanks

JD

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 2:29 pm #34165
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

It does use the WordPress display name. And that’s why I’m asking. When people signup to our site (via s2member now) will they still be able to create a username (that links with WordPress) that we can use in the forum?

I know for a fact the Forum plugin uses the WordPress usernames, which is why I wanted to ask you guys. Does that make sense or did I confuse you? lol

s2Member works with the default WordPress Roles and Capabilities functionality. So any plugin that’s getting member’s data within the scope of these Roles and Capabilities will function correctly. The WordPress display name and username is still populated the same way by s2Member.

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 3:02 pm #34171
JD Duran

Perfect. Thanks guys!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.