latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free article quota

Home Forums Community Forum Free article quota

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:34 am #21627
eva tallaksen
Username: etalla

Hi,

Does S2Member or S2MemberPro provide a way to limit the number of articles/posts a free registered user can read every month?

Thanks,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:51 am #21637
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Eva,

No this is not possible with s2Member, you could if you made it so that each article is a download, you can limit the amount of downloads the user can have in a month.

You can check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options for more information on download restrictions.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 5:20 am #21679
eva tallaksen
Username: etalla

Hi Eduan,

That does help — thanks for the quick response!

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 4:00 pm #21730
Eduan

You’re welcome Eva! Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:01 am #26644

Ok, I am beginning to really wrap my brain around this. Ok, so let’s extend this question just a bit – I DO have products that are downloads, that I can separate out into individual files.

My extended question – Dual scenario –

The scenario begins with the assumption that we are talking about a paid member. Someone who has paid thru paypal and is now back at the site ready to start downloading the product they just paid membership fees for.

Is there a way to
1. allow those new members access to a page with open downloads, but only restrict them to ONE for that visit and then lock them out of the page?

2. Allow a user a certain number of downloads (say…three) from a certain page then NO MORE?

You should also know that I am going to be setting up one of the ecommerce plugins for the sales process. I would love to be able to pass back info through the API about at least, their membership status (all returning customers from paypal come in at the level 1 status). I know you don’t ‘support’ any of these, but is there one that is better for integration than others?

I would realy like this to be as smooth a process for my users as possible. At present, I can only see how I will be able to do this with two separate sites – 1 member site, and another separate Shopping cart site somehow tied into JvZoo so my affiliates can get their money.

I am SURE it isn’t as complicated as I am making it, but I must ask and ask until I get some definitive answers on how to best pull this off.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:43 am #26707
Eduan

Hello Akiba,

I checked your requirementes, and I’m afraid this is not possible with the current version of s2Member, you could do it with an advanced setup that you make yourself, or code yourself, but it isn’t possible with vanilla s2Member.

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.