latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free Pro Form not submitting: comment bug

Home Forums Community Forum Free Pro Form not submitting: comment bug

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Kevin Murphy 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:06 pm #53590

I spent ages trying to figure out why the form wasn’t submitting, it seems like the following comment in the code:

<hr><h3 style="text-align:center">Signup for a free account</h3><hr>
&lt;!-- <a href="#" title="this breaks the shortcode">This breaks</a> --&gt;

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it&#039;s Free!" custom="staging.runningyourgroup.org" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="0" /]

Causes the tag to be removed, and the form won’t submit. This might be a fringe case but it’s likely to catch someone else out – it also breaks the JS on the payment details (cycles between PayPal and cards).

Seems to be when a HTML element is inside a comment before the shortcode. Weird bug.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 7:56 am #53618

It sounds like a problem simiar to what some themes/plugins cause when they mess with the content filtering. You could try these: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 12:37 pm #53643

It’s the default theme I’m using, 2012 I think. It’s no big deal so long as I know what to avoid, but shortcodes generally ignore any content above/below them surely. ‘Tis odd.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.