latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free Trial Interferring with Registration?

Home Forums Community Forum Free Trial Interferring with Registration?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 3:51 pm #9919

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 4:25 pm #9936
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I’ve never noticed this issue before, but that doesn’t mean it’s not an issue. Can you post your s2member-logs files or at least the one relating to your friends sign-up?

Dave

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 4:59 pm #9957

Hi David,

I looked on my server, there aren’t any files in the S2Member Log folder – would they be anywhere else?

Thanks,

Catherine

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 5:34 pm #9980
David Welch

No that’s where they should be. You may not have it turned on… Check this setting:
S2member -> Paypal Options -> Paypal Account Settings -> Enable Logging Routines? — see if it’s set to yes. If it’s no then that’s why there are no logs.

Dave

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 5:48 pm #9984

Ok, I’ll do that, but in the mean time, I cancelled my friend’s trial and subscription in paypal. I redid the button, removing the free trial and going straight to payment. She did this again for me but got the exact same set up as before. The post sale registration process was exactly the same, sending her back to the membership sales page, as did the follow up email, which I tried for myself again with the same result :(

I’ve just enabled the Logging Routines – will it show the process or do we need to do it again?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 5:54 pm #9987

This was in the log after I enabled it and after I cancelled my friend’s account through paypal. Should I get her to do it one more time because this wasn’t enabled when she did it again?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:02 pm #9988
David Welch

yes, if you can. You might edit your post to remove your friends email address too, since this is a public forum. :)

Dave

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:04 pm #9990

Thanks – I’ve removed all of that info, next time I’ll take out her personal info. I’ll come back to you when we have completed the sale.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm #9998

David, this is the paypal-rtn file – do you need the paypal-ipn file too?

PHP v5.3.8 :: WordPress® v3.3.1 :: s2Member® v120309
Memory 23.03 MB :: Real Memory 23.25 MB :: Peak Memory 23.35 MB :: Real Peak Memory 23.50 MB
dailytaroscope.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=xxxx
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.51.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.1 Safari/534.51.22
array (
‘transaction_subject’ => ‘Premium Subscriber Ongoing Access’,
‘payment_date’ => ’15:10:08 Apr 03, 2012 PDT’,
‘txn_type’ => ‘subscr_payment’,
‘subscr_id’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘last_name’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘option_selection1’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘option_selection2’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘residence_country’ => ‘CA’,
‘item_name’ => ‘Premium Subscriber Ongoing Access’,
‘mc_currency’ => ‘GBP’,
‘business’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘payment_type’ => ‘instant’,
‘protection_eligibility’ => ‘Ineligible’,
‘payer_status’ => ‘verified’,
‘payer_email’ => ‘xxxxxx’,
‘txn_id’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘receiver_email’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘first_name’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘option_name1’ => ‘Originating Domain’,
‘invoice’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘payer_id’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘option_name2’ => ‘Customer IP Address’,
‘receiver_id’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘item_number’ => ‘1’,
‘payment_status’ => ‘Completed’,
‘mc_fee’ => ‘0.40’,
‘mc_gross’ => ‘5.00’,
‘custom’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘charset’ => ‘windows-1252’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Return-Data received on: Tue Apr 3, 2012 10:10:17 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.’,
2 => ‘s2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]` ) validated.’,
3 => ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ).’,
4 => ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ) w/o update vars.’,
5 => ‘Registration Cookies set on ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ) w/o update vars.’,
6 => ‘Transient Tracking Cookie set on ( `web_accept|subscr_signup|subscr_payment` ) w/o update vars.’,
7 => ‘Redirecting Customer to Registration Page. They need to Register now.’,
),
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
‘eotper’ => NULL,
‘ccaps’ => NULL,
‘level’ => ‘1’,
‘ip’ => ‘xxxx’,
‘period1’ => ‘0 D’,
‘mc_amount1’ => ‘0.00’,
‘period3’ => ‘1 M’,
‘mc_amount3’ => ‘5.00’,
‘recurring’ => ‘5.00’,
‘initial_term’ => ‘0 D’,
‘initial’ => ‘5.00’,
‘regular’ => ‘5.00’,
‘regular_term’ => ‘1 M’,
‘s2member_paypal_return_tra’ => ‘xxxx’,
)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:16 pm #10013
David Welch

Hmm well, it’s recording that it’s trying to redirect to the registration page so it does know what it’s supposed to be doing. I honestly don’t know what could be causing it unless you have some hack or something messing with the paypal_return.

Do you have any s2member hacks or other plugins that are synced with your paypal processing?

If you want to send me an email, I could take a look at your back end setup (if you want) and see if I notice anything off or incorrect. Click my name for my contact email.

For some reason it looks like there is a disconnect from the time it knows to redirect and the “unlocking” of the registration form for that new user.

Dave

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.