latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

French Translation HELP!

Home Forums Community Forum Translations French Translation HELP!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 2:04 pm #25054

Hello,

I am building a website where the front-end needs to be in French (the back end should preferably be in English, though either is ok). I’ve got two questions:

1. Should I download the French version of WordPress or the English version of WordPress?
2. Jean-Michel MEYER has offered a French translation of S2member here: http://www.echodesplugins.fr/mes-traductions-de-plugins/#s2member The link does not work for me, any help???

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 2:11 pm #25055

Update: I finally managed to connect to Jean-Michel MEYER’s website to download the S2 member translation – thank you Jean-Michel!

My first question still remains: Would it be better to install the French version of WordPress or the English version of WordPress?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 2:47 pm #25057
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Veronica,

Well, if your website is only gonna be available in french then french is not a bad option, since that way anybody that knows french would be able to use the website.

On the other hand, if you use the english version then people will be able to help you better, since most people that use WordPress is english.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.