latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

General Options page changed after migration

Home Forums Community Forum General Options page changed after migration

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:29 am #24314
Roger Rueff
Username: scene13

Yesterday, I moved my WordPress file structure from the “sandbox” subfolder, where I’ve been developing it the last several months, to the “public_html” folder at the main URL… in preparation for a site launch tomorrow night.

Did not make any changes to the SQL database… the main site is referencing the one used during development.

I’m using s2Member Pro v120703.

I tested s2Member after the migration. It seems to be doing its job for registering new members and protecting pages and posts…

but the s2Member plugin interface has changed

. In particular, the General Options page, which used to show a list of expandable areas, is now showing one long page of options that seem like they might hail from a previous version.

And the Custom Registration/Profile Fields part shows NO custom fields, even though they I know that they’re there (I put them in) and they do show up on the registration form.

What do I need to do to get back the proper General Options page? For example, if I deactivate and reactivate the plugin, is that sufficient?

Please expedite an answer if you can. I’m not dead in the water without the proper General Options page, but I am limited in what I can do. I was going to add another Custom Registration/Profile Field this morning and cannot do it.

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 10:21 am #24326

Hi,

i have exactly the same issue: i don’t have expandable areas, but more a text like page where, for example, the custom field of the login page cannot be changed. could you please help me? i just installed the pro version right now.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:04 pm #24335

I understood the problem in my specific case: it’s related to the tersus theme interfering with S2member. I could set the options using a basic theme, and going back to tersus everything was working again.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #24340
Roger Rueff

That’s not my issue. I’m using a Twentyeleven child theme, and it worked perfectly on the sandbox. The problem did not show up until I migrated it to the public_html location.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:46 pm #24393
Roger Rueff

I just tried deactivating/reactivating s2Member. No change. Still the old-looking pages (not only General Options; all of the s2Member admin pages).

And still no access to the Custom Registration/Profile Fields.

Oddly, the field title “Custom Registration/Profile Fields” appears to be a link… but the link does nothing when clicked.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 6:06 am #24495

Hi Roger.

It’s a JavaScript problem. Either the theme or another plugin, is affecting the s2Member JS causing what you have. To test the plugins, you’d need to deactivate them one by one and refresh the page to see if it comes back to normal.

Or the JS is not being loaded at all. Did you make sure your s2Member JS file was copied correctly when you moved the site? In your General Options page, could you view the source and look for the address to the s2Member JS file and try loading that address in the browser?

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 7:21 am #24506
Roger Rueff

Thanks Cristián,

I thought it might have something to do with the JS. It should have come over in the copy, but I’ll check it out and let you know what I find.

By the way, the “Yes, notify me of follow-up replies via email” option is not working for me on the s2Member forums, like this one. I checked it when I created the first post but have not received any of these replies via email. I need to return to the s2Member site to see them. Just FYI.

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 9:20 am #24515
Roger Rueff

Hi Cristián,

I figured out (had a hunch and stumbled upon) the solution. Here it is, for future reference.

I will be launching the site tonight at midnight CDT. Until launch time, I am masking its presence by including an “index.htm” file in the public_html folder… so that direct hits on the site URL will display a placeholder “Coming Soon” page rather than going to the WordPress “index.php” file. At launch time, I will simply rename the “index.htm” file and voila… direct hits bring up the WordPress site.

Even though all of the JS references on the s2Member General Options page seem to point directly to the locations of their JS files in the s2member plugin directory, the presence of the “index.htm” file somehow defeats their ability to be located. If I rename/remove the “index.htm” placeholder file, they become find-able, and the General Options page works as it should… including the Custom Registration/Profile Fields.

Which means that tonight when I rename the “index.htm” file to unmask and launch the site, all will be well, including the s2Member General Options page.

Best,
Roger

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:24 am #24608

Until launch time, I am masking its presence by including an “index.htm” file in the public_html folder…

Ah, yes, index.html would cause that. Sorry I forgot about that as a possible cause, it’s just so rare that I had only seen it once some months ago and didn’t think of it when I saw you having the problem.

I’m very glad you found it and sorted it out. Nice job. :)

By the way, the “Yes, notify me of follow-up replies via email” option is not working for me on the s2Member forums, like this one.

That seems to happen to a small percentage of users here, most of us do receive the emails. They’re all being sent, it’s just that some, for some strange reason, don’t get it. Do you have another email address you use, to see if you do get notifications in that one?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.