latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

General Options Page Not Pull Downs, all one

Home Forums Community Forum General Options Page Not Pull Downs, all one

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 10:07 am #36576

How do I get the general options page to be the pull downs. Right now it’s all one page and it’s very confusing. It’s better if each category can be opened and closed like in the video.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 6:18 pm #36636
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Peter,

What do you mean with “pull down” you mean a dropdown?

Could you please explain what you’re getting and what you’re expecting? If possible with screenshots. Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 8:52 pm #36662

Yes, I mean the drop downs in the General Options.
What I see:

What I expect:

Each part looks like it should be able to be opened and closed.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 9:38 pm #36669
TJ
Username: wellwater

I’ve experienced this also. I’m going to assume a couple of things:

1) you’re accessing your admin area via HTTPS/SSL
2) you’re using google chrome or a similar webkit browser

What’s happening is somewhere in the source code of s2member’s options pages is loading insecure/non-ssl content, which is borking the layout of the page. The Javascript/CSS isn’t being applied due to it coming from a http:// and not https:// url.

The fix. In your browser address bar you should see a gray shield icon on the right side. Click that and choose “Load anyway”. Official details here:
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1342714

If my assumptions were wrong and your setup is not how I think, then nevermind and good luck.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  TJ.
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:01 pm #36788
Eduan

If what TJ doesn’t work, then I suggest you try these common troubleshooting tips:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Thanks for the explanation TJ! Also, if it isn’t that, it’s also probable that your theme or another plugin is causing conflicts with s2Member’s JavaScript.

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:05 pm #36818

It’s true that it shows the JS having trouble, probably introduced by the theme or another plugin. You can do the tests recommended here: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Another possibility is that you are using an index.html file in your WP directory, instead of WP’s standard index.php. Not common, but I’ve seen some site owners do this and it’d result in what you have there too, since it prevents s2Member’s JS from loading.

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 1:46 am #36916

Hey Guys, that’s for both of your responses. I really appreciate your help. It ended up being the fact that I was using an index.html landing page instead of the index.php. Instead I will use the plugin SplashScreen.
Sorry Eduan, I failed to mention that because I was not aware that would be part of the issue.
Thanks Cristian for bringing that to attention.

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:10 pm #37061
Eduan

Glad you were able to solve it Peter. :)

I will close this topic now, if you have any more questions you can open a new topic. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.