latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Generating a clickbank button on the fly

Home Forums Community Forum Generating a clickbank button on the fly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 10:18 am #42732
Damian Jones
Username: aegis

Since the s2member button is generated on the fly with all the HTML for the button, how do I generate JUST the link? the href without the html?

I could just hardcode the link, however, it puts the visitors IP address, I could get that, but even more, it puts a signature on it, which I don’t think I can generate.

Or is there already a feature I can use to generate just the link?

I searched everywhere, and I cannot seem to find a way to do it.
Please let me know.
Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:39 am #42805

Hi Damian.

You can use the [hilite mono]output[/hilite] attribute for the shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> output[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:07 am #42808
Damian Jones
Username: aegis

Awesome Cristian! That worked.

Thank you!

I do have another question.

Is there a way to create a shortened url that goes directly to clickbank, without all of that code in the string?

I created a page, that uses wp_redirect to send them there, so all they see in the link to order is the link to another page, but when that page is loaded, it then redirects them.

So what I am wondering is wordpress is heavy, so the page load times are quite slow. Is there another way to do this without having to use WordPress to redirect their browser? Like maybe create a shortened url that expires or something?

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:42 am #42816

No, it has to go through WP for s2Member to generate the link. It has to be done each time because the link includes data relevant to the current user.

How are you doing the redirection? Would you show me the customization you used for this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.