latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Generating and emailing expiring links.

Home Forums Community Forum Generating and emailing expiring links.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Sean Adair 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:34 pm #26879
Sean Adair
Username: zanwadar

Greetings!

I am trying to find out a solution to automatically generate expiring links.

That led me to your site. However, there is no description or video as to what functionality your plugin has.

Just lots of lengthy boring installation videos and vague feature sets descriptions. No live site demos, no product features video. Nothing.

What I want is for a user to buy a product. They are then sent an email with a link that expires in 7 days. They click that email and go to an S3 cloudfront media file already set up. If they wait too long link doesn’t work and if they don’t have link they can’t access file.

I could generate and email the links myself but I just want software to do it for me. Was told by a sales member from wp21stcentury your plugin can do this. Is that correct?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Sean Adair.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the pre-sale questions forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 6:14 pm #26896
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Sean,

I think you can achieve this, not sure if it’ll work with your setup though.

Basically, you would use specific post restrictions for each page, each page will contain a download link.
The specific post page access restrictions allow you to make a link work only for a certain amount of time, and so the users wouldn’t be able to access the links to download the files without that special link.

Check out the following, for specific post page access:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page Access Links
Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

For download protections check:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options
Video » s2Member® File Downloads (Complete Series)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 4:01 pm #26967
Sean Adair
Username: zanwadar

Eduan,

Thanks. I’m giving it a try.

Wildly different problems now so created thread with current status here:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/player-spinning-but-access-denied-on-videos/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Sean Adair

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Sean Adair.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.