latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Generating keys for RTMP streaming w/ Buy-Now

Home Forums Community Forum Generating keys for RTMP streaming w/ Buy-Now

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 12:50 am #46673
Michael
Username: pivora

My apologies if this is answered elsewhere… I’ve been reading through dozens of posts in the last 3 hours, and haven’t been able to find the answer.

I want to sell access to a video and accompanying PDF, both of which are hosted in a private bucket on Amazon S3. I’ve restricted the page that gives access to the video and PDF using the Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions feature (Buy Now). I’ve also used the [sFile ] advanced restriction to generate a key to allow the buyer to access the PDF file.

Where I’m running into trouble is with the JW Player: How do I generate a key dynamically to allow the JW Player to access the private S3 bucket?

I’ve installed ezPHP and tried this code, which didn’t work (the player shows up, displays the image, but when I click to play the video, it gives me an error message about failing to connect to the server):

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp-only"  player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" 
file_download="7Rules/7UnspokenRules.mp4&s2member_file_download_key=" 
player_image="https://s3.amazonaws.com/big4confidential.public/7Rules/7UnspokenRules.jpg" 
player_width="850"  player_height="478"/]

And I don’t think I can “nest” shortcodes (i.e., insert the [sFile ] shortcode into the [s2Stream ] shortcode).

Any ideas?

I’m a bit of a noob… so I hope you can put this into laymen’s terms for me.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 12:01 pm #46712
Michael

I found another post in the customer forum that talks about the same problem I have, but it doesn’t go far enough to solve it: Buy now post access

If you want to protect your video files with s2Member and sell access to the pages where those videos are loaded using a URL generated by the Specific Post/Page feature, then you must point your Video Player to video URLs that contain a special download key (again, you can read more about this on Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions).

But the solutions in the Advanced Download Restrictions don’t seem to work with shortcodes for streaming, as I have shown above.

Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:47 am #46842

Have you tried the [hilite mono]download_key="yes"[/hilite] attribute? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Shortcode Attributes & API Functions[/hilite]

[[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp-only"  player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" 
file_download="7Rules/7UnspokenRules.mp4" 
player_image="https://s3.amazonaws.com/big4confidential.public/7Rules/7UnspokenRules.jpg" 
player_width="850"  player_height="478" download_key="yes" /]]

If that doesn’t work, then verify that you can download the protected file, to make sure nothing’s wrong there:

http://yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/7Rules/7UnspokenRules.mp4

If that doesn’t work, try moving the file outside the 7Rules subdir:

http://yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/7UnspokenRules.mp4

Or verify that your download protection is properly configured:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CDN Storage[/hilite] (if you use it)
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage[/hilite] (if you use it)

Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 4:22 pm #46863
Michael

THANK YOU Cristián!

The did it… the download_key=”yes” parameter did it.

Thanks so much for your help.

I will review the Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Shortcode Attributes & API Functions section to learn more about the bells and whistles :)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:58 am #47049

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.