latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Gift Membership & PayPal Pro Forms

Home Forums Community Forum Gift Membership & PayPal Pro Forms

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Foliovision 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:27 am #43243

Hello all,

any news on Gift certificates (I read before that it’s coming)?

Here’s our way of providing this feature for now:

1. We are using PayPal Pro and we want users to be able to purchase a membership and then forward the email with username and password to a friend which should get the gift. When using PayPal, the email contains a registration link which works nicely if the expiration of the link is tweaked (read forum thread where we presented a solution).

Q: However with PayPal, the situation if different – you have to enter the person’s name, username and email right away. And this email can’t be the email of whoever gets the gift, as it receives the billing. So I figured out, we can have a special form for gift membership and make sure it adds some custom capability for the user. Then if the user logs in and the capability is present, we tell him to change teh email.

2. Second issue is bigger – when a member wants to buy another membership, he has to log out. Otherwise it’s not possible to edit the username and email address. So we have to ask our members to log out, which is not nice.

Q: So – how can we let logged in users create new members using PayPal Pro forms?

Thanks,
Martin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 2:36 am #43380
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

any news on Gift certificates (I read before that it’s coming)?

I can confirm that this in the works, but we haven’t got a solid release date for this yet, sorry.

Q: So – how can we let logged in users create new members using PayPal Pro forms

Are you using recurring subscriptions or One-Time payments?

If you’re using One-Time payments, I might suggest using Specific Post/Page Access, in conjunction with some custom code to generate Registration Access Links for Users. If you pass the Transaction ID to the Registration Access Link generator, the User that is created with link will be automatically demoted if payment fails, or the payer requests a refund.

I believe that s2Member generates these links with JavaScript, so I would check the following file for info on how you might achieve this:

/s2member-pro/includes/menu-pages/paypal-menu-pages-s.js

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links

Unfortunately I can’t give you much to go on past that.

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:44 am #43505

Hello Bruce,

thanks, let’s have a look at how it could work:

1. I put up a special form for gift membership. Buyer pays for the gift membership using the form and receives a custom registration link (for fixed length membership) which we can send to whoever should get the gift.

2. However how can I make sure he gets the link? I could put up a special gift page, accessible only after buying the gift membership, but how do I generate the link over there? I see the function in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links, but that generates only one link. I need to put this PHP function into the special gift page template.

3. Next, how can I stop the buyer from reloading the special gift page multiple times and always getting a different registration link?

4. Perhaps the special gift page is not the right solution. And the link needs to be in the email. That’s sounds even more difficult. That brings us back to point no. 1. – how can the buyer get the link?

Thanks,
Martin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.