latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Give Editor Admin Custom Capability Roles

Home Forums Community Forum Give Editor Admin Custom Capability Roles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Beags 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:05 am #28813
Beags
Username: elbego

Hi – I’m trying to allow Editors on my site ability to view pages/posts which have user-specific custom capabilities attributed to them. They can currently edit the pages but not view them. Admin can view no problem.

I’ve added the Members Plugin and given Editors the same roles but there seems to be 3 ‘hidden’ roles that the Admin has extra that I can’t see. Does S2member give Admin extra roles by default that could be also granted to Editors?

Many thanks if you can offer any advice.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:36 am #28814
Beags

Just been searching for more on this – I need to essentially give Editors the role of all CCAP access.

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 7:11 am #29628
Beags

Pleased to say I’ve sorted this!

Used a role editor plugin to assign a new capability of ‘administrator’ to the Editor!

Simple.

Cheers for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.