latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

gmail marking s2member emails as spam

Home Forums Community Forum gmail marking s2member emails as spam

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:19 am #26843
TBguitars
Username: tbguitars

I’m having a very hard time figuring out why gmail keeps marking my S2member generated emails as spam.

I have tried using the wp-mail-smpt plugin but it is still marking as spam.

any help on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Tom

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 7:10 am #26930

Hi Tom.

Funny, I was looking into this problem yesterday.

My guess is that the default templates for s2Member emails may be seen by some filters as spam. Tens of thousands of blogs have now had s2Member installed, I wouldn’t be too surprised if some of those site owners did something spammy that would eventually cause this.

What I’d try is completely rewriting the s2Member emails, so they’re unique to your site, and more personal too. And if you want to check how spammy they’d be seen, you can probably find some tools online that let you do that. Some email services have that integrated in their interface so you can improve the email before blasting it out to your list.

Let me know if that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.