latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Google Content Experiments and S2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Google Content Experiments and S2Member

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 8:54 pm #52251

I’m having trouble finding a definite answer on this, so I thought I’d explain the problem… here we go….

I have a s2member site (iwillteachyoucatalyst.com) all setup using PayPal and things are working great, people can buy the one-time membership and login. Great. However the problem comes in with my A/B testing using Google Analytics Content Experiments (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147?hl=en&topic=1745207).

How it works is that you setup a goal (a url) and google alternates my pitch pages and tracks how each one converts. The problem is that s2member makes you set a login/welcome page (which it needs to) but that is also the goal url for google content experiments.

So when people make a purchase OR simply login to their account, Google tracks both actions as a sale. That’s the problem.

So in Google Content Experiments it look like hundreds of sales have been, however it’s really just a bunch of users logging in a bunch of times. See what I mean here:

So my question is… is it possible to give google a goal URL to track that is different than the URL that the user gets redirected to when they login (the login/welcome page) to just track sales not logins?

If there is an easier way to do this, please share :)

Thanks,
Ian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 3:18 am #52279

What payment gateway are you using?

If you’re using the pro-forms, you can use the [hilite mono]success[/hilite] attribute to specify what page the user will be redirected to after checkout. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member -› PayPal/Auth.Net Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.