latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Google Event Tracking for Downloads

Home Forums Community Forum Google Event Tracking for Downloads

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Colin Prior 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 26th, 2013 at 6:28 pm #61412

I would like to setup any download as a Google Analytics Event so as I can set view downloads as a Goal in GA.

I have finally got the ecommerce to work, there is an issue with the order of the GA tracking code that needs to be placed in API Tracking section and the standard GA tracking code for all pages. The overall suite tracking snippet must be in the Header NOT the footer as if the standard code is in the footer some Themes or GA plugins will insert the standard code after the ecommerce snippet and it will fail.

Anyway I digress.
I can’t see a simple way to add the GA event code as the download is called directly
via ?s2member_file_download=/file_location (we use AWS S3)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Colin

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.