latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Gravity Forms User Registration Integration

Home Forums Community Forum Gravity Forms User Registration Integration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:10 pm #43172

I’m doing some development work on a site that already had Gravity Forms implemented. There is a ‘registration form’ created in Gravity Forms that’s used to register users on a WordPress Page, rather than wp-login.php. When I click ‘Submit’ to try and register a new user, the page just reloads and doesn’t create a new user.

I installed S2Member at the beginning of the project to implement a couple of login forms across the site, so I’m wondering if S2Member is causing any conflicts with the Gravity Forms user registration, or if anyone knows if these two plugins just usually don’t work well together.

The page is here: http://ethicaltraveler.org/become-a-member.

I would just use an S2Member Pro PayPal Free Registration form, but I’d have to style the whole thing again, and I don’t know if it can output the HTML blocks I need that Gravity Forms can output.

I have Open Registration turned on. I have the Membership Options page set to that same page (Become a Member), where the registration form resides. Is that what’s causing the problem?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:57 am #43228

Hi Casey.

I don’t know if there’d be a conflict. My guess is that the registration should work normally. I seem to remember other site owners mentioning using Gravity Forms in the same site where they used s2Member…

Have you tried deactivating s2Member and testing the Gravity form again to see if the problem goes away? That’d be a way to tell if there may be a conflict between them.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 10:46 am #43246

I did try deactivating S2Member, and the form still didn’t work. Do you know any good Firefox extensions that show exactly where all web traffic is going? It’s possible that something’s messed up in the .htaccess file that’s causing a redirect that won’t allow access to wp-login.php…. or something.

Anyway, a friend recommended using Fiddler, but it’s a Windows program, and I don’t want to reinstall Windows just to run this test (I work in Mac OSX).

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:07 am #43299
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.