latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Guest paypal payment option removed?

Home Forums Community Forum Guest paypal payment option removed?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 5:03 pm #45910
Jane Donce
Username: Jane11

Hi,

The week before last, I clicked on the S2member paypal button and saw the standard looking page that allowed for guest payment (i.e. those who don’t have a paypal account can enter their credit card info to pay). When I went to the page yesterday, the page now has a very different format and does not seem to allow guest payment. The two radio buttons that show up are either 1. I already have a paypal account or 2. I need to create a paypal account. But this means that a guest can’t pay with a credit card without going through the process of creating an account first.

I assume that this new paypal page may be due to some internal setting within the s2member button because when I’ve called paypal regarding other questions about this page in the past, they say they can’t help and refer me back to the specific button creator I am using.

Has there been a change in this feature on the backend of s2member? If so, is there any way of reactivating the guest purchase option? It seems that allowing guest purchases can be very helpful in encouraging conversions due to its simplicity while still keeping the cc info safe.

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 9:34 pm #45934
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jane,

Please check this article:
Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison

It says you need to have ERP (Enhanced Recurring Payments) in your PayPal account in order to have the functionality you are requesting. This is something you should handle from PayPal’s side. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.