latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Guidance on License Purchase

Home Forums Community Forum Guidance on License Purchase

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 1:31 pm #48623

Hi,

I am trying to determine which pro license I need, to achieve my desired site functionality. I am planning to use a combination of WordPress Network, S2Member Pro and BuddyPress. I am creating a membership site where users can either: (1) register for free and later add products (one-time or subscription based) or (2) register for paid membership for access to subscription based products.

Upon registration confirmation, I would like to automatically create a child site for the registered user. These child sites will be administered by the WordPress network admin (plugins, theme, etc.), but would allow the user to manage their profile, subscriptions and product purchases.

Users would register and login via the main site and then be redirected to their corresponding child site, upon authentication. I don’t think these child sites will need to install S2Member, as I would like the membership to be handled via the main site.

It seems the Unlimited License is recommended for use with Multisite when the network admin controls the child sites. But is this to allow S2Member to be installed on those child sites? In my case, I don’t think I need S2Member on any child sites.

Also, because the child sites are created automatically when a user is activated, is this seen as the user creating a child site? It seems that the Network Support License is recommended when a users can create a child site. But in my case, the user has very little control over the child site and would not be able to install S2Member on his child site.

Can you recommend which license to purchase for my uses?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:14 pm #48682
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I am trying to determine which pro license I need, to achieve my desired site functionality. I am planning to use a combination of WordPress Network, S2Member Pro and BuddyPress. I am creating a membership site where users can either: (1) register for free and later add products (one-time or subscription based) or (2) register for paid membership for access to subscription based products.

If you’re using WordPress MultiSite, you only need a standard s2Member Single-Site License for that. You only need an s2Member Unlimited-Site license if you’re installing s2Member in multiple installations. You need a Blog Farm license for if you’re selling the ability to create subsites to Users.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.