latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Having my own login page

Home Forums Community Forum Having my own login page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:05 am #32312

I understand that it is possible to customize the default login/registration pages using s2Member options.

However, I would like to have my own login and registration pages.

Where and how do I set it up in s2Member?

Thanks for your help,

Moty

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:07 am #32314

Just to expand on this a bit: in my own login page I intend to use a shortcode for the s2Member login widget.

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:48 am #32345

Hi Moty.

For registration, you can use the free registration pro-form’s shortcode: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

For the login widget, to use it in the page instead of a widget, you can do it with PHP: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 8:47 am #32350

Thanks Cristian.

With regards to the free registration form – I found the paypal pro short code and used it. It is working fine. The one question I have is how to add a check box for asking the user whether they’d like to subscribe to the newsletter as well?

With regards to the login form, I created a new shortcode using the php method, and placed it in a new page. This works fine. However the following issues still bother me:

1) The form renders a bit wierd. See an image here: http://www.sugarbutterflour.com/images/login.jpg

I tried to tweak the code that generates this form (/includes/classes/login-widget.inc), however was not able to get the password input box to have the same width as the Username input box. Can you please let me know what do I need to do in order to get the password box to be identical to the Username box?

2) When I click the “forgot password” link on the Login form, I am being redirected to wp-login.php with action=lostpassword, which is not what I want. I would like this to connect to my own “lost password” page. Is there a shortcode or PHP function that I could use to generate the form within the current “lost password” page? If so, I can make my own page. But then the question remains how to direct the “forgot password” in on the login form to use my own page rather than the wp-login?

3) If the user times out, how do I customize the page they are redirected to? I need them to be notified of a time-out and then redirected to my own login page rather than to wp-login.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

Moty

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:49 am #32364

Hi Cristian,

One more question about my login page.

If the user enters “bad” credentials in the login form, he/she is redirected to wp-login.php, which again defeats my purpose of staying within my theme.

How can I rout bad logins to my own login page?

TIA,

Moty

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 11:06 am #32365

Sorry about the barrage of questions :-)

I used PHP conditionals to insert a “logout” link in the theme header once a user is logged in. However, I don’t know how to call the logout action with the proper redirect (i.e. to the home page).

Can you please point me out to the correct syntax I should be using?

Best,

Moty

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 7:41 am #32406

The one question I have is how to add a check box for asking the user whether they’d like to subscribe to the newsletter as well?

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Registration Double Opt-In Box[/hilite]
Video » s2Member (API List Servers)

Can you please let me know what do I need to do in order to get the password box to be identical to the Username box?

You can style it with CSS. Use Firebug to find what’s making those two boxes look different, and to customize the styles so they match. http://getfirebug.com

Is there a shortcode or PHP function that I could use to generate the form within the current “lost password” page?

No, there isn’t a replacement for that. The lost password tool remains in the default place.

If the user times out, how do I customize the page they are redirected to? I need them to be notified of a time-out and then redirected to my own login page rather than to wp-login.

You could create a rewrite rule in your .htaccess file, I guess.

If the user enters “bad” credentials in the login form, he/she is redirected to wp-login.php, which again defeats my purpose of staying within my theme.

Since the login form is still processed by WordPress, not s2Member, when it fails, it behaves as it would by default. A rewrite rule in htaccess may help with this too.

I used PHP conditionals to insert a “logout” link in the theme header once a user is logged in. However, I don’t know how to call the logout action with the proper redirect (i.e. to the home page).

Maybe this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_logout_url

I hope that helps! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.