latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Having problems with Custom Capabilities

Home Forums Community Forum Having problems with Custom Capabilities

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:56 am #53794

First after watching the videos on Custom Capability Packages, which is how I want to set up my site, I’m confused as to whether I need to change the functions.php file or simply check the box on the page as listed in the *New notes, or both.

I’m using the Authorize.net Billing Modifications form to upgrade from free subscriber status to a level 1 subscription membership (http://lifepurposetips.com/rpp_wordpress/coaching-members-area/coaching-members-area/coaching-packages/subscription-coaching-package-one-session-a-month/). Subscription subscibers should be able to access this page: http://lifepurposetips.com/rpp_wordpress/coaching-members-area/coaching-members-area/after-youve-purchased-a-coaching-package-check-here/ which is level 1 with a Custom Capability “coaching”. When I test the subscription the user does not upgrade from “0” Subscriber to S2Member Level 1 and I cannot access the confirmation page.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 1:14 am #53795

Sorry…just re-read my message above. I did not mean “check the box” but rather:

*New* In the latest versions of s2Member®, you can automatically require certain Custom Capabilities on a per Post/Page basis. So now, s2Member® (if you prefer) CAN handle Custom Capabilities for you automatically! Whenever you edit a Post/Page (i.e. there is a Meta Box for s2Member in your Post/Page editing station)… you can tell s2Member® to require certain Custom Capabilities that you type in, using comma-delimited format. In other words, you will need to type in some of the trigger words that you used whenever you created your Payment Buttons/Forms. This way paying Members will have the Custom Capabilities to view different kinds of content that you offer.

I do have “coaching” without quotes typed in the metabox on http://lifepurposetips.com/rpp_wordpress/coaching-members-area/coaching-members-area/after-youve-purchased-a-coaching-package-check-here/

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 7:47 pm #53831

I can’t move forward on my site until this problem is resolved. Would really appreciate any help you can give. You guys are always so awesome in your support!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:14 am #53877

When I test the subscription the user does not upgrade from “0″ Subscriber to S2Member Level 1 and I cannot access the confirmation page.

Okay, so the problem is that the user pays but is not upgraded to Level 1 with ccap “coaching”?

If it’s an existing user upgrading his account, you need to make sure he’s logged in to it when he loads the page with the upgrade button/pro-form.

Or are these new signups?

First after watching the videos on Custom Capability Packages, which is how I want to set up my site, I’m confused as to whether I need to change the functions.php file or simply check the box on the page as listed in the *New notes, or both.

The code is only needed if you need a customized restriction that is not supported by the default one. Adding the ccap to metabox for the page should be enough. By the way, if you add a level and ccap, then both will be required to have acces, not one or the other.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:24 pm #53917

Cristian…

The confirmation page (http://lifepurposetips.com/rpp_wordpress/coaching-members-area/coaching-members-area/after-youve-purchased-a-coaching-package-check-here/) is set at level 1 and ccap “coaching.”

You have to be logged on as a subscsriber or above to access the coaching product page. I tested again. Payment goes through but level is not upgraded from 0 to level 1, thus not granting access to the confirmation page.

I am using the following shortcode: [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form modify=”1″ level=”1″ ccaps=”coaching” desc=”$1 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=”USD” custom=”lifepurposetips.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”1″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ rrt=”” accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

I also noticed that the terms of service option does not appear, even though I have that feature set at “all” I will post my login information on your secure site.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:30 pm #53918

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE TO SUPPORT REPS

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:06 am #53984

The pro-form will only have custom profile fields when it’s for registrations, for upgrades of existing users, the pro-form is just for payment. If you have that custom profile field for the terms agreement, then he’d have to agree to them on registration and that’d already not be an issue by the time he upgrades.

About the pro-form, I see it’s a modification form, so the next thing I can ask you to enable logging, do a a few test purchases then to get entries in the logs, and then we can review there if there are any problems. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Verify that your payment gateway integration is all complete and correct on both sides, s2Member and Authorize.Net.

You can also do these, please: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Let me know how it goes. I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.