latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

heavy paypal button generation

Home Forums Community Forum heavy paypal button generation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 5:15 am #46834
Tom
Username: halasyt

Hi,
I have a page where I have a pricing table, and thus have 4 PayPal buttons generated.

My problem is that with these button codes on the page, the render time of the page is around 4 seconds, and with the buttons gone, it is back to normal at around 1 second.

I guess generating these buttons is server intensive, is there a way to cache the buttons, so not have S2 generate them each time?

Here is my shortcode by the way, all 4 buttons are the same with the exception of the recurring period and the price:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="Trial member / $1 for first 3 days, then $9 per month" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.theguitarlesson.com" ta="1" tp="3" tt="D" ra="9" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="url" /]

I of course have this within a href, that’s why the output is a URL.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:51 pm #46974
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

That’s interesting. The generation of the PayPal buttons should not be very intensive at all, and certainly should not bring the page loadup that high. Can you use the instructions here to run the s2Member Server Scanner, please?

Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 3:41 am #47039
Tom
Username: halasyt

The server scanner passed on all items.

I also tried deactivating all of the plugins (except s2), and using the 2012 theme, but the page load was the same.

What can I do? This is really annoying, also, Google hates long page loads.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 8:14 am #47066

I guess generating these buttons is server intensive, is there a way to cache the buttons, so not have S2 generate them each time?

If you’re using them all for new signups, and not to upgrade existing users, then you could copy the HTML the shortcodes output and use that. Or you can create buttons over at PayPal following the instructions here: Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.