latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help Can't get S2member to work!

Home Forums Community Forum Help Can't get S2member to work!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David RUGGIERI 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 2:30 pm #12802
Donald Jiang
Username: DJjiang

Hi All,

Please help ! I Can’t get S2member to work on my online web site when I activated with my child theme,

but when I run S2member with my child theme on the localhost on my computer and everything works fine.

When I am online and activated with my child theme and here is what I get when I click the General Options page :

+Deactivation Safeguards
+Security Encryption Key
+Localhost WAMP/MAMP Developers
+s2Member® Security Badge
+Email Configuration
+Open Registration
+Membership Levels/Labels
+Login/Registration Design
+Registration/Profile Fields & Options
+Login Welcome Page
+Membership Options Page
+Member Profile Modifications
+URL Shortening Service Preference

Instead a working S2member framework, and S2member is working fine if I run with other theme, please help !
Let me know what I did wrong! And how should I loading my plugin setting to my online web site?

Thanks you all for all your helps !

DJ

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:02 pm #12829
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Donald,
so what seems to be the problem? You just get text instead of clickable accordion effect?

Could you please show a screenshot of your problem.

Thanks. :)

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #12839
Donald Jiang

Hello Eduan,

Yes, You are absolutely correct, once I turned on my child theme and S2member will turn to none clickable text and I really need my child theme to run with S2member at same time. So what I did wrong?

And here is a link of screen shot what had happened.

http://www.djjiang.com/s2member-cant-click/

And thank you for your help!

DJ

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:38 pm #12842
Eduan
Username: Eduan

OK Donald,
thanks for the extra info.

This is caused by some incompatibility with s2Member and your theme, your theme probably doesn’t load jQuery/JavaScript in a way that’s compatible with WordPress in general, which causes problems like this.

I would look into making sure your theme loads jQuery/JavaScript correctly, and I would also consider changing your theme if you can’t sort this out.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 6:59 pm #12851
Donald Jiang

Hi Eduan,

Thank you for your help ! But do you know how to trouble shoot my wordpress theme problem?

Thx,

DJ

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 5:31 am #12899

Hello everyone,

I installed s2M Pro, it worked fine, until I changed one thing, and i wonder if it disturbs s2M software, or if i can use it but I need someone explain me how?
I would have a landing page to the root of my website http://clubeducatif.com (it is in Frenh)
So I added an index.html file to the root folder (just near the index.php), since s2M looks like this screenshot, and doesn’t work properly.
Is it allowed to do so, or does it give a conflict between the two index files (.html and .php) ?
So if it is a problem, how to get a landing page on the root domain name, which explain the services ans send them to the Membership Options Page, to suscribe and register?
My questions are :
1- If someone lands in my web site without a index.html s/he doesn’t see the Membership Options Page, but an awfull empty page like this :
2- How does everyone here manage with s2M to make a landing page with their domain name (e.g. http://clubeducatif.com) instead of creating an other page like http://clubeducatif.com/landingpage.html which is not easy to find for a visitor?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards.
David RUGGIERI

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 11:32 am #12910
Donald Jiang

Hello David,

You may not setup a static html page as a landing page with your wordpress, it may cause conflict.
Have you tried setting up a page in your wordpress and then go to your wordpress Settings> reading > and set it as a static home page ?

and you may want post your question in the new thread with your own question title, otherwise most people won’t see your question.

And for my problem, I found out even I run with a empty functions.php in my child theme and it would cause the S2Member’s Jquery to crash ! Anyone has a solution for that? and I have to run with my child theme with S2Member together.

THx,

DJ

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 2:13 pm #12945

Thanks Donald J
I will repost it, but before I am waiting a bit, if the admin support comes and see two times an identical question it will not pleassed him, i think.
My landing page is not created with wp, it is an HTML ‘simple’ page, but your idea is a good one. Because if I don’t find any other solution I will copy what I can in a wp page html editor, and see if it keeps the .css, and .js and so on.
That is why i didn’t choose to create in wp, but outside, because a pitch page should respect some style to be a good one, and I have not yet bought optimize press to do so, I think it could be a good solution for the future.
I hope you will have a solution for your problem.
For the moment I create an ‘offres.html’ page instead of index.html, and I will try to manage the redirection with a static home page as you mentioned.
Thank you
Regards.
David R

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.