latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help! Download Link Not Working!

Home Forums Community Forum Help! Download Link Not Working!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:37 am #19441

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not the most tech savvy person on the planet, but I’ve tried all I know to and am STILL unable to get an Excel file to download.

s2member says to upload it to the server under “plugins-files”. I did, and it shows there perfectly.

s2member says that I should be able to use the link http://mysite.com/?s2member_file_download=myfile.zip.

I did a normal inline text hyperlink using this configuration along with “…s2member_file_download=myfile.xls”, “…plugins-files_download=myfile.xls” (and zip), and every other possible combination that came to mind. None of them work!

I either get redirected to my site’s home page, or I get an error message. Once it even said that I’d not set my Basic Restrictions, so I went back and redid it.

Please help! I’m at my wits-end and have put in so much time trying to get this to work right.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:23 am #19507
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Crystal,

I believe s2member’s downloads folder is named s2member-files, not plugins-files. Could that be the problem?

Please tell me how it goes once you rename it. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 10:48 am #19520

Eduan,

I understand. I do believe there’s a glitch in there somewhere, although it’s the s2member instructions that tell me to upload it to the plugins-files path. And… although everything I’ve read does say “s2member-files”, I have no such bucket for my files. Only the “plugins-files”. I’ll try renaming it, see if that works, and let you know. If you think of something else, though, please do share.

Thank you so much!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 10:55 am #19521

Nope. I got this:

404: Sorry, file not found. Please contact Support for assistance.

I have no idea what’s wrong.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:48 am #19528

I got it! I’m not sure how, but I got it!

Whew! My brain is tired. lol

P.S. For whatever reason, my version of s2member DOES use “plugins-files”. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:04 pm #19553
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad you solved your problem. :)

What version of s2Member do you have?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.