latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

HELP! I DO NOT WANT ANY PAYMENT GATEWAY

Home Forums Community Forum HELP! I DO NOT WANT ANY PAYMENT GATEWAY

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Goalzila Team 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 5:47 am #13746

HI, I JUST DOWNLOADED THE S2 MEMBERSHIP PLUGIN THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH BUDDYPRESS.
HOWEVER, I DO NOT WANT THE PAYMENT GATEWAY AT ALL. -Paypal. CUSTOMERS WILL BUY MY PRODUCT FROM MY SALES PAGE AND WILL BE REDIRECTED TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT SO I WOULD NT NEED A PAYMENT GATEWAY AT ALL. SO HOW CAN I REMOVE THIS?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 6:33 am #13761

You just don’t add it. PayPal will only be there if you put the button there and require people to pay to register. If you don’t give them a button to pay, they won’t.

If you leave Open Registration enabled, then registration will be open and they won’t be required to pay to register. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 9:04 am #13767

Thank you so so much :))

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 10:12 am #13773

I just did that but these people actually pay for the membership. Do you know if there are any certain invite codes that i can use so that only those who received my email can be granted the access to register?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:30 am #13855

Yeah, you can generate registration links here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Registration Access Links[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 12:38 am #13961

But if i use paypal, then they would have to pay right? I want it to be free and at the same time, thye can use the invite codes

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 2:03 am #13963

Invite codes?

Right, if you use PayPal they’d have to pay, but what I suggested, although it’s in the PayPal Buttons page, it’s not to get paid. It’s to generate an access link for your user to register. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Registration Access Links[/hilite]

Registration Access Link Generator ( for Customer Service )

s2Member automatically generates Registration Access Links for your Customers after checkout, and also sends them a link in a Confirmation Email. However, if you ever need to deal with a Customer Service issue that requires a new Registration Access Link to be created manually, you can use this tool for that. Alternatively, you can create their account yourself/manually by going to s2Member -> Add A Member. Either of these methods will work fine.

The link you generate there will allow the person to register, even if you had Open Registrations disabled. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Posted: Saturday May 19th, 2012 at 4:51 pm #13990

hey Goalzila,

reading your message you say: “CUSTOMERS WILL BUY MY PRODUCT FROM MY SALES PAGE AND WILL BE REDIRECTED TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT”

So if I understand right you say that they should BUY your product. If that is the case then where do they pay?
If you don’t want PayPal there are other option like: Authorize.net (only if you have a bankaccount in the US), and others. Or do you plan to start your own payment service?

Just a word of advice (nothing to do with your request). set your capslock off, all uppercase is considered shouting, shouting is considered rude.

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 7:36 am #14065

@Cristian: Yay it worked! :) Thank you so much!!!

@boudeqijn: Problem solved. Thanks for the advice :))

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 7:41 am #14066

@Cristian: Hi Cristian, apparently the sign up links expired so how can I solve this problem?

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 7:44 am #14067

I would have an autoresponder system so it cannot expire as it would be a standard link for everyone who buys my product.

I am using JVzoo

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.