latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help me work around the Or Higher logoc

Home Forums Community Forum Help me work around the Or Higher logoc

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 2:47 am #36549
Patrick M
Username: My_s2M

I am setting up the free s2Members with WordPress 3.5

I am looking for the recommended way to avoid using the “Or Higher” logic when setting page restrictions. Each of my membership levels is a different product. The Or Higher logic gives access to all levels above the subscription level which is wrong. I need each subscription level to allow access only to that subscription level no others. What is the recommend way to do this?

Thanks
Patrick

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 2:13 pm #36602
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Patrick,

The recommended way to achieve this independence between each access is to use custom capabilities. Which are “passes” which allow you to have an unlimited amount of independent-from-each-other levels.

Check these resources for more info:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 4:25 pm #37039
Patrick M
Username: My_s2M

Dear Eduan,

You said the recommend way to sell levels that are independent from each other was to use (Custom Capabilities). But when I read the PayPal button for Custom Capabilities. It says I should only show the button to existing members. See the *Important Note* below. So how do you recommend setting up the PayPal button to make the original purchase?

Thanks
Patrick

============================
*Important Note* Independent Custom Capability Buttons should ONLY be displayed to existing Users/Members, and they MUST be logged-in, BEFORE clicking this Button. Otherwise, post-processing of their transaction will fail to recognize the Customer’s existing account within WordPress®. Please display this Button only to Users/Members that are already logged into their account ( perhaps in your Login Welcome Page for s2Member ), or in another location where you can be absolutely sure that a User/Member is logged in. s2Member’s Simple Conditionals could also be used to ensure a User/Member is logged in, by wrapping your Shortcode within a Conditional test. For further details, please see: s2Member -> API Scripting -> Simple Conditionals.

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 5:23 pm #37185
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Ah, forgot about that part. :)

In that case they only need to be registered before hand, not necessarily as paid members. So you can have them register for a free account.

Since you don’t have the pro version of s2Member you need to make sure that open registration is open under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration.

Next, in your membership options page you would have a link for them to register for free, the URL they would use would be http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register. Of course you would change the domain name to yours. :)

Next, in the login welcome page you would have something like this:

[s2If !current_user_can(access_s2member_level0)]
You would put a registration link here, pointing to the same page as the one that points to the membership options page.
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level0) AND !current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_name_of_your_ccap)]
Put your buy now button for the custom capabilities here.
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level0) AND current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_name_of_your_ccap)]
Put your content for members that already for the ccap.
[/s2If]

In a nutshell, what this does is show the free registration link to users that aren’t registered. It shows the buy now button for users that are registered but haven’t bought the access. And it shows the access content for users that have bought the access.

You can experiment with custom capabilities and s2Member conditionals to attain more specific results if you want. Check this article for a little bit more info: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

And check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals for all the documentation on simple shortcode conditionals. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.