latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help needed after test purchase on clickbank

Home Forums Community Forum Help needed after test purchase on clickbank

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 2:57 am #33960
Desmond Leong
Username: comfy

Hi, I have a clickbank product and after test purchase is done, it shows me this :

ERROR: Unable to modify Subscription.
Please contact Support for assistance.

The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access. Please make sure that you are NOT logged in as an Administrator while testing.

I have changed the email used to register, I have logged out, I have even changed the name used to register and I can’t seem to find a way past it. please help. I have also cleared cookies.

I do not use a shortcode for my buttons as the installation of s2member is not on the same wordpress installation as my membership page, instead at the end of the shortcode I change the “anchor” to “url” as advised by some of the mods here, and with the generated URL on my main membership page, I link it with the button on my pitch page.

My thank-you page is : http://www.everestfortune.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1

My website is : http://www.everestfortune.com/stock-signals

The buy now is at the bottom

This is for test purchase :

Test Credit Card Number: 2222221323601989
Card Expiration Date: 10/2013
Card Validation Code: 311

Please help.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Desmond Leong.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Desmond Leong.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 10:32 pm #34029
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Desmond,

This error suggests that the user that you were trying to modify with your modification button is a user with admin rights, this is an expected error if so.

What role did the user have when you tried to do this?

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Dec 8th, 2012 at 11:19 pm #34033
Desmond Leong

Hi, I wasn’t trying to modify a user. I was trying to sign up for a brand new account. Am I doing it right?

Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:37 pm #34063
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Desmond,

Sounds like you were still logged in to your site when you created the user.

Try logging out before going to checkout to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Also, don’t use the same email address as is linked with your Admin account.

Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 8:05 pm #34086
Desmond Leong

Hi,

Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 8:07 pm #34088
Desmond Leong

I have logged out and even tried used incognito window and a different email address. It is still repeated.

Is there something wrong with the method I am using or the click bank system?

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 7:42 am #34125

Desmond, the button’s link includes the [hilite mono]s2_referencing[/hilite] variable, with the user ID 1, so it’s referencing the admin account. You seem to have just copied the link you got when you loaded the page with the shortcode while logged in to your admin account.

You have to use the shortcode to avoid this problem, and the test while logged out of your admin account.

Incognito may not be good, since it would prevent cookies, which are needed after the user is returned, so s2Member can cookie him for the registration, without the cookie he’d need the registration link in the s2Member Signup Confirmation email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.