latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help protecting live audio

Home Forums Community Forum Help protecting live audio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 4:50 pm #48058

Help please can i protect a live streaming audio with S2 member

i want to allow members to access streaming radio station via a short code or a URL i want them to also pay a small membership fee for this service.

I have downloaded an looked at the free version of S2 Member can anyone assist with this.

ideally i want public members to see this functionality and be directed to create an account an then be forwarded to pay pal to make payment.

Once they have signed up and paid they will be given access for the period authorised or paid for.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 7:34 pm #48064
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Johnny,

s2Member has no special features in order to restrict live streams and such.

However, if the the plugin or software that you’re using for live streaming can be restricted to only show the live stream in 1 page, and only in that 1 location in the entire internet, then all you would have to do is protect that 1 page with s2Member and all is good. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Apr 22nd, 2013 at 7:44 am #48087

Eduan

Thank you that is how i got it set up and testing the thing i want to do is hide the URL when it appears with in the media player (pop up page) because the stream is coming from a another provider that is paid to stream

I need to find some thing that will hide the URL and not allow the end user to see where the stream is been presented

JC

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 2:49 pm #48207
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I can’t really provide any help with that. :/

Perhaps you could encrypt it, or hide it with CSS or something…

Personally I don’t think that live-streams work being private. At least not live-streams you get on a website.

For that you would probably need some kind of webinar software or something of the like and for paid customers offer them access to the call somehow.

That’s all I can come up with…
– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.