latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help! Subscription and customer managment

Home Forums Community Forum Help! Subscription and customer managment

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:21 am #52792
J Dunfield
Username: jstrategy

I need something VERY basic, maybe s2member is too much.

I’d like to create a form on my site where an initial signup is paid and at the same time, a monthly subscription fee is approved by the new customer, all using paypal pro. I will not be charging the monthly subscription fee until the SECOND month. This subscription fee has NOTHING to do with membership levels, hidden content, etc. This is payment for a hosted facebook business page.

So what I need is an easy way in a form to collect customer information and save them as a member, allow that new customer to pay a signup fee AND a monthly subscription fee starting the second month and the last thing I need is a way to track which members are making their payments, which members are cancelling their subscriptios, which member’s paypal accounts or credit cards have become invalid, etc.

Is s2Member a good solution?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 29th, 2013 at 5:17 am #52798
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

It sounds like s2Member should be able to handle this for you. Let me break down a few things.

This subscription fee has NOTHING to do with membership levels, hidden content, etc. This is payment for a hosted facebook business page.

So what I need is an easy way in a form to collect customer information and save them as a member, allow that new customer to pay a signup fee AND a monthly subscription fee starting the second month and the last thing I need is a way to track which members are making their payments, which members are cancelling their subscriptios, which member’s paypal accounts or credit cards have become invalid, etc.

It sounds to me like you’re looking to use s2Member to just keep User information and keep track of their subscriptions. s2Member’s fully capable of being used that way, and if you need advanced integrations with code you can use s2Member’s API Notifications to do that:

Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

The only thing I will say on this is that s2Member does not store credit card / PayPal login information, so you’re not going to be able to track the validity of a User’s PayPal account or credit card. You’ll only know if something went wrong on the User’s side if their payments fail.

Other than that, you should be okay here.

I’d like to create a form on my site where an initial signup is paid and at the same time, a monthly subscription fee is approved by the new customer, all using paypal pro. I will not be charging the monthly subscription fee until the SECOND month.

You can do this with a trial period + amount with Pro Forms. You’d want to set up a trial period of 1 month at the price of your inital signup amount, then a regular recurring amount for your monthly subscription amount. You can find information on the different attributes of the Pro Forms when you install s2Member Pro here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Let us know if you have any more questions on this. :-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.