latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help w/Correct Authnet Setup for Declineds

Home Forums Community Forum Help w/Correct Authnet Setup for Declineds

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:56 pm #41322

Hi there,
In September my scommunity switched out of Paypal Pro forms – over to Authnet Pro Forms.
Thought everything was going smoothly but now finding that there are multiple problems occurring.

Currently I need help with correcting the connection setup for failed payment reporting and declined payments.
About 200 members were still “Active” subscriptions both in authnet and in the community site even after having 3 payments declined in a row.

Some user were even making a habit of skipping payments every other month (since it was not charging the month that was missed)

:/

I’ve started manually correcting the pile of users. . but this was not an issue in our Paypal setup, so can only guess its a problem in the way i’ve set things up.

HELP ? :)

-grace

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:06 pm #41484
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Do you still have your PayPal Information set up within s2Member?

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details

If not, please enter this information back in. s2Member will not verify any IPN information without this filled out.

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:12 pm #41493

I think you may be misunderstanding.
We do NOT use Paypal any longer. The entire system was switched OUT of Paypal to Authnet in September.

** All the subscriptions from Paypal were resolved before we switched to Authnet.

So, the many issues getting through the cracks are Authnet subscription related. For example – if a member requests their account deleted, and we do so – they continue to get charged for months before realizing what has happened. (it requires us to manually cancel them via Authnet dashboard)

My main concern is connecting Authnet forms properly so that declined payments get demoted accordingly in S2.
Some members were letting their payments decline every other month in Authnet.. and since there is no “making it up” its like every other month free. Other members went three straight months with failed payments and S2 was never notified to demote.
-grace

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:37 am #41657
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

My main concern is connecting Authnet forms properly so that declined payments get demoted accordingly in S2.
Some members were letting their payments decline every other month in Authnet.. and since there is no “making it up” its like every other month free. Other members went three straight months with failed payments and S2 was never notified to demote.

What do you have set up in Automatic EOT?

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.