latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help ??

Home Forums Community Forum Help ??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:57 pm #11167

If I ever get this answered I’ll buy it, but, I installed the free version on the wrong one of two sites and, after poking around and looking at it, realized and uninstalled it. the problem i have is that I now still have the s2 membership levels showing up on every role drop-down box in the admin section. in other words, it didn’t uninstall fully. Can you or someone here please tell me how to get rid of the annoying membership levels in drop-downs?? I can’t find where to look even.
Please tell me what to do, I’m getting more and more frustrated about this. If it doesn’t uninstall cleanly, I have sever doubts about actually using it for real!
Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:00 pm #11171
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nigel, thanks for your inquiry.

I understand your situation, and why you would be frustrated.

What I would first try would be to install s2Member again, and this time make sure deactivation safeguards are turned off.

You can turn them off under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards.

Then you uninstall s2Member. See if that solves the problem.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #11176

I’ve done as you said and reinstalled, but there is no such option about deactivation safeguards, only Multisite (Config) and Member info.
If I go into the four files which are supposed to be patched, (/wp-login.php, /wp-includes/load.php, /wp-includes/ms-functions.php, /wp-admin/user-new.php) what should I be looking for to remove? I’m assuming that’s where the problem is?
I would love to move on and get other things working.
As you’ve guessed it’s a multi-site installation with BuddyPress, if that makes any difference.
Thanks

Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 3:49 am #11460

Hi Nigel.

It’s like Eduán said, you need to disable the Deactivation Safeguards, which are there to protect the data in case of deactivation (which includes plugin updates).

If you still have s2Member uninstalled, then please install and activate it again, go to [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Deactivation Safeguards[/hilite] and turn it off, and then remove s2Member.

That should do it. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.