latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hide Menu items in the Navigation

Home Forums Community Forum Hide Menu items in the Navigation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 1:01 pm #40916

Hi there,

i wanted to ask if i can hide Pages etc. right in the Navigation ? to clarify the non registered user cant see all the Menu Items but as soon as he is registered he will see more items in the menu.

But i want to have 2 different groups/Member roles and both will see different Navigation menu items.

ist this possible with S2Member ?

Thanks for any Help.
tred

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 1:45 pm #40919

I want to assign my content to specific user not to all user level. For example I want to give access to level 0 users but not for all but for selected user form 0 level user. Is this something possible to do with S2Member Plugin ?

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 5:36 pm #41076
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

i wanted to ask if i can hide Pages etc. right in the Navigation ? to clarify the non registered user cant see all the Menu Items but as soon as he is registered he will see more items in the menu.

But i want to have 2 different groups/Member roles and both will see different Navigation menu items.

ist this possible with S2Member ?

Yes, this is possible. s2Member’s Alternative View Protection supports stopping the display of protected content from your navigation menu automatically.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection

If you need functionality past that, you will need to edit your theme’s header.php file directly, and change the wp_nav_menu() function call there.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 5:39 pm #41078
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I want to assign my content to specific user not to all user level. For example I want to give access to level 0 users but not for all but for selected user form 0 level user. Is this something possible to do with S2Member Plugin ?

This is not possible directly through s2Member’s admin panel. However, if you’d like to use the Advanced PHP Conditionals s2Member provides, you can do this like so:

<?php
$current_user = wp_get_current_user();
if($current_user->login === 'steve') // Steve doesn't get access to this.
	{
		//Display something
	}
?>

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals
See Also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_get_current_user

That’s about as far as we can go with custom code. If you need further assistance, we recommend http://jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance web site where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.