latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hide profile fields in front-end

Home Forums Community Forum Hide profile fields in front-end

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  James Cooper 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 6:09 am #6875

Hi,
I am testing the Free plugin in order to see if it suits my needs and I am very interested by the Pro features but I am some issues I would like to fix first. I will write them in separate threads so that every question gets an answer.

I am implementing Buddypress so I asked Buddypress to get profile fields from s2member. We would like to give the option to our members to hide some profile fields in the public directory. How can we do this?
I could not find any “hide field” or “make private” check button in the form.

Thank you for your help,
Maëlle

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 8:55 pm #6942
Billy
Username: bakinblack

Im not sure if its possible i have search all over a place for a solution to this. The only thing that I know does work and I use it myself is if you paste this code in your themes functions.php it will remove AIM, Jabber/Google Talk and Yim

function hide_profile_fields( $contactmethods ) {
unset($contactmethods['aim']);
unset($contactmethods['jabber']);
unset($contactmethods['yim']);

return $contactmethods;
}

Hope this helps some.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:18 am #7044

Hi Billy,
This is not actually what I am looking for. I would like to let the users choose themselves which fields they agree to show on their profile. Of course some profile fields will be mandatory but we need to make some fields private and the user will decide which one to include on the directory.
Maëlle

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:36 am #7389

I’m very interested in this functionality as well.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 17th, 2012 at 1:22 pm #11021
Andy Knott
Username: Me

I’m interested in this functionality also… Anyone any ideas how this might be achieved?

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 8:55 am #34136

I’m after this too.

Any ideas ?

-Alex

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.