latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hiding Nav Bar Buttons 'til registered member

Home Forums Community Forum Hiding Nav Bar Buttons 'til registered member

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Randy King 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:38 am #40108
maryr
Username: maryr

I’m trying to make it so that my S2Member Pages only show up when the member logins. For instance, I would have a menu tab that when clicked, the member either logins or registers. Upon registration, they will than have access to a list of menu tabs that only they see. Can anyone enlighten me on the process for this? I’m probably over thinking it and am stuck!
Thanks.
Mary

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 3:17 pm #40776
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Mary,

In general the navigation links are outside of the scope of s2Member control. However, you can do some tricky stuff that may work as you need. I won’t go into deep detail here because it would take too much, but I will outline a process for you that may work.

Add a plugin to your system called “Dynamic Widgets” by Qurl. This will allow you to restrict sidebar widgets to specific pages.

Go into WP Appearance->Menus and configure (a) your main menu navigation (name it ‘main’) without your special links, and then (b) a menu that has the special links (name it ‘special’) that you want to protect. Assign the ‘main’ menu to the Primary Menu, but don’t assign the ‘special’ menu to anything.

In the Appearance->Widgets panel, drag a ‘Custom Menu’ widget onto a sidebar, set your ‘special’ menu to be present there, then click on the Dynamic Widgets link and set it to appear only on the pages that you want your special menu to appear.

Now you have s2Member protecting your pages, Dynamic widgets restricting your widget to those pages, and the widget itself contains your protected menu.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.