latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

hiding pages from certain members

Home Forums Community Forum hiding pages from certain members

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 1:30 am #12542

We are currently using the free version of s2 member but we have just completed a few more products and we need to expand. We are looking to upgrade to s2 pro so we can stop using pay pal and start using authorize.net and have reoccurring billing and up-sells etc..

Our membership site will have to be more complex, from looking at all the documentation within the plug-in itself, it looks like we can do just about every thing we need to with the features available. But what I am not seeing, and maybe I am just not reading correctly, is the ability to hide pages from specific levels and/or only give access to a specific level.

As far as I am aware, the pages/ post restriction works in a hierarchy where the 4th level gets access to everything.

I want to set up my site where if you are lets say a level 1 member, you are the only one who will be able to view/access a specific page. A level 4 would not be able to access certain content that a level 1 can access.

At a high level, I want to use one membership site that houses all my users/ affiliates/ payment gateway and have the membership site look very unique for each member ship level. In a perfect world, a specific membership level would have a unique menu and would only see/have access to the pages that are relevant to them.

Hope this is clear,

please let me know if this is possible, my business partner is a web developer and can do technical stuff if necessary.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 5th, 2012 at 5:55 am #12652

Hi Adam.

You may want to look at the custom capabilities for that kind of set up. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Let me know if that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.