latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hiding Posts via Category

Home Forums Community Forum Hiding Posts via Category

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 8:15 pm #18631

I’m quite new with s2member and could use some help. I’m setting up an online fan club for a musician. I have 2 post categories setup:

Latest News
Fan Club News

On my front page I have all the posts from the “Latest News” category displayed for everyone to see. However, when a Fan Club member login in, I want to intermix it with both “Latest News” and “Fan Club News” posts. To accomplish this, I’ve assigned all my posts to “Latest News”. And just the protected ones to “Fan Club News”.

With some of the other competing products I’ve purchased (WishList and Magic Members), I’ve been able to just protect posts individually and they just disappear until a member logins in. This doesn’t seem to be with case with s2, unless I’m missing a setting somewhere?

I tried protecting just the “Fan Club News” category, but because all my posts are assigned to “Latest News” they are still displayed.

Is there any way to completely protect a post, without giving any teasers?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kev

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:04 pm #18687
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kevin,

Please check the settings under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection, there should be something that fixes your problem.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 10:35 pm #20358

I want to simply hide one Category from visitors, but give access to all members. Is there a simple way to select the Category, rather than typing 100’s of ID’s? I read your reply above, but this does not help.

Please let me know.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:18 am #20403
Eduan

Hello Saskia,

If I understood correctly, there isn’t a way to make a whitelist with s2Member, only blacklists.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:40 pm #20410

Is this something that I could hire a developer to do in the backend? If so, where can I find a listing of s2Member developers?

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 2:22 pm #20420
Eduan

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that, you can post a job at websites like jobs.wordpress.net and maybe somebody will come and make this change for you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.