latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Hierarchy rather than levels

Home Forums Community Forum Hierarchy rather than levels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 5:32 pm #6925
Monte Goulding
Username: monte

Hi

Is it possible to implement a hierarchy? Is it a planned feature down the track?

What I’m talking about is Level 1A users only see Level 1A content, Level 1B see Level 1B content, Level 1C see level 1C content etc. Level 2A see Level 1A+Level 1B+Level 2A, Level 2B see Level 1C+Level 2B, Level 3 sees Level 2A+Level 2B+Level 3.

I imagine it could be done with lots of conditionals but what are the chances your planning on building that kind of thing in? Would it be possible to build a plugin to handle this?

Cheers

Monte

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 5:52 pm #6927
Monte Goulding
Username: monte

Ah, I see ws_plugin__s2member_check_page_level_access_excluded, ws_plugin__s2member_check_post_level_access_excluded and ws_plugin__s2member_check_file_download_access_excluded

Looks like a plugin would be possible but it would exclude some higher levels from accessing lower level content rather than the 1A-C type setup. I don’t think it will be that difficult, just a plugin where you choose a level then it would show a checkbox for each of the levels below it and you would choose which levels to allow access to.

Cheers

Monte

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 8:43 am #7060
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Have you tried using custom capabilities within your membership levels?

You can set up membership levels that have multiple types of custom capabilities. You can add those capabilities to your paypal buttons so they are automatically added. This is a great way they’ve built in to get around only having 4 paid memberships.

for example…

Level 1 with no cc
Level 1(-A) with cc: a_posts
Level 1(-B) with cc: a_posts, b_posts
Level 1(-C) with cc: a_posts, b_posts, a_videos
Level 1(-D) with cc: a_posts, b_posts, a_videos, b_videos

etc…

There is a video tutorial about this here: http://www.s2member.com/videos/A2C07377CF60025E/

Hope that helps.

Dave

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.