latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

how 2 format a non s2m xls db into s2m format

Home Forums Community Forum how 2 format a non s2m xls db into s2m format

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:34 am #11228
alex van dam
Username: avandam

Hi, i am building a new site in wordpress. I use s2member to add a member area. the old site (custom made CMS) had a list of 300 member with certain fields. this system exports it to a plain xls file, please see below:

export from old system in xls columns
Username,Role,Password,First Name,Last Name, Nickname, Email,Address,Postal Code,City,Country	Telephone,Mobile,Fax,Website,Company,Position,CV,

I made an export of the s2member fields (i added some custom fields), please see below:

9,"testaccount","","Test","Account","Test Account","email@email.com","","s2member_level1","","04/18/2012","a:2:{s:5:\"level\"	s:10:\"1334728518\"	s:6:\"level1\"	s:10:\"1334728518\"	}","","","","","","address","Street","city","stad","company","company","country","Netherlands","cv","curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae, curriculum vitae","email","email@email.com","fax","1234567890","member_type","Internal","mobile_phone","1234567890","position","CEO","postal_code","0000aa","telephone","0001234567","website","www.website.com"	

How can i re-format the xls in to a working format for s2m to import it properly.
Could you provide a step by step tutorial?

Another question, how do you confugure paswords, is that someting s2member does?
All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 21st, 2012 at 3:40 am #11459

Hi Alex.

The password, if you leave the field blank when you import new users, the user will need to use the Lost Password tool to get access to the account. If the accounts are being updated because they already exist, then the empty password field won’t affect the existing password. But if you import new users and enter a password in the field for it, that’s the password that’ll be used for the account.

About the CSV file, all the columns before the custom profile fields, are very straightforward. The custom profile fields, though, need two columns each, one for the field’s ID (the one you assigned it when you created the field), and another for the value. If you read with that in mind the export CSV you got, it should be clearer now.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.