latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How Alipay integration works in Pro version?

Home Forums Community Forum How Alipay integration works in Pro version?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 16th, 2013 at 10:56 pm #52025
Jeff Xu
Username: xcbhappy

I understand only the pro version of s2Member supports AliPay.

Since there are not many topics about Alipay, so before I purchase the pro version, I have several questions,

1. I have no experience in any developer skill, is that easy to configure the plugin work with Alipay?
2. Do I need any SSL certificates? What else do I need then?
3. Is that easy to change the language for all the texts into Chinese? include the buttons and so on

Looking forward to hearing your reply.

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 12:48 pm #52121
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

AliPay is not a payment gateway we deal with a lot here at s2Member, as it’s not very popular. We do provide support for its integration, but it may be slower to work with us because we need to get our developers to get us information for specific issues.

1. I have no experience in any developer skill, is that easy to configure the plugin work with Alipay?

You don’t need to have any developer skill to integrate AliPay. You’ll just need to turn on the AliPay integration here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Gateways

Then, you set up your AliPay Options, with your AliPay Partner ID, AliPay Seller ID, and AliPay Security Code. Once that’s done your integration is pretty much done. You can create your buttons then and have Users check out that way.

2. Do I need any SSL certificates? What else do I need then?

You don’t need an SSL certificate for AliPay integration.

3. Is that easy to change the language for all the texts into Chinese? include the buttons and so on

Everything is customizable, but it may take some time to translate everything depending on all you want to translate. We don’t currently have any language packs to go along with s2Member, so you’ll have to do your own translations, sorry.

See: Pre Sale FAQs » Can s2Member® be translated into other languages?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 4:34 am #52172
Jeff Xu
Username: xcbhappy

Hi Bruce,

Really appreciate for your reply. I wish I could make Chinese people use Paypal, but Alipay is currently the most popular payment method in China. And I believe S2member is the most popular membership management plugin for WordPress, unfortunately there are not many local WordPress articles talk about it. So, thank you very much!

In your reply, it seems very easy to open the Alipay gateway. Even I can’t figure it by myself, I can seek help here right? I’m wondering if there are more support methods than forum after purchasing the pro version?

About translation, I think it should be ok if it could been seen in Chinese by visitors. I mean the back end could be in English. So is it easy to create Chinese Alipay button and other things like that?

Thanks for all the support!

Best regards,
Jeff Xu

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 7:01 am #52198
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

In your reply, it seems very easy to open the Alipay gateway. Even I can’t figure it by myself, I can seek help here right? I’m wondering if there are more support methods than forum after purchasing the pro version?

If you have a problem with your integration on AliPay we’re here to help you troubleshoot and explain things in the forums. If necessary we do have a Private Contact Form to have you send Dashboard login details and log files, but all of our support originates in the forums. This keeps other Users experiencing similar problems able to find solutions easier.

About translation, I think it should be ok if it could been seen in Chinese by visitors. I mean the back end could be in English. So is it easy to create Chinese Alipay button and other things like that?

Yes this is easy. You’ll have to use the translation method to edit the names of the fields in your registration form, but otherwise I believe everything can be translated from the frontend.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.