latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How are member initiated upgrades handled?

Home Forums Community Forum How are member initiated upgrades handled?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #24245

My question is pretty much the same as 20955 though the answer is insufficient for my needs. If I have a “gold” level member @ $200 and they want to upgrade to a Platinum membership which is $450, how does S2member handle this? I’ve searched the forums and looked through documentation and can’t find the answer. Seems like basic functionality, what am I missing?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 1:34 am #24257
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Jorden,

To upgrade users within s2Member, you need to set up Billing Modification Forms from within your dashboard under s2MemberJ -> PayPal® Pro-Forms -> PayPal® Pro Billing Modification Forms. There you can set up forms to upgrade to different Membership Levels, and display different forms based on conditionals within your page. You can check out Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals for information on how to set those up.

s2Member will then update the billing information for the user’s subscription to match the one they just upgraded to.

If I have a “gold” level member @ $200 and they want to upgrade to a Platinum membership which is $450, how does S2member handle this?

To do this, you would put something like this within your page:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level_3)]
	[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form modify="1" level="4" ccaps="" desc="$250 USD / One Time ( for lifetime access, non-recurring, no trial )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mysite.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="250" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]
[/s2If]

Let me know if you need anything else clarified :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.