latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I accomplish this set up

Home Forums Community Forum How do I accomplish this set up

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Michael 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 4:20 pm #39443
Michael
Username: echoca

I want set up to sell access to some forms (business listings). The forms allow a post to be made and listed in the site (all done outside of s2member). I need the payment button to be a reoccurring subscription and redirect to my form on success but I want the access to the form limited. A buy now button won’t work as I don’t see a reoccurring option but it offers the access limit.

Can you point out a work flow for this set up. I am trying as such…

I allow free registration for posting classifieds/events and use the shortcode form for this on a page.
My pay to post page (price options, subscription times monthly yearly) links to a pro forms registration with a pay button with appropriate setting (ish).

What can not set up is the redirect to the form after going thru pp. and I don’t know how to expire the access to the form after they use it. I would like them to be auto logged in after sent to the form and allowed to fill it out. Or would I have to send a link to the form after registration/payment. Also I can set up a page to allow my free users to upgrade right?

I am sure you have given me all the info to figure this out both in the plugin and this site. But being new to s2member and being excited to see results right away have driven my question.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 12:27 am #39599
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

So you will have Free Subscribers (they already have accounts with — but they have not paid yet). You want them to pay you for something more. Upon completing checkout, they will gain additional access on your site; obtained through access to a specific page in WP, where you make it possible for them to do something more.

You will want to generate an s2Member® Pro Form, for Billing Modifications. Set the Pro Form to upgrade them to Membership Level #1, and define the success="" Shortcode Attribute, so the Pro Form automatically redirects them upon successful checkout to the page where you make the additional functionality possible.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

See also: Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?
See also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms

Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns :-)

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 6:09 pm #39711
Michael

Ok so I’ll make people join then upgrade to list a business. This all works fine.

But how can I expire access to the form I send them to after? Will the expire access shortcode attributes work in this form?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 2:26 am #39846
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

But how can I expire access to the form I send them to after? Will the expire access shortcode attributes work in this form?

You should not have to expire access to the shortcode, as it is only allowing the user to upgrade to a specific level. If they have already upgraded, they cannot upgrade again.

Does that make sense?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 4:00 am #39872
Michael

Yes that makes sense. But I’m afraid I did not make sense as to what I am tring to accomplish.

After they upgrade and go through the payment system I will redirect them with the success attribute in the shortcode. They will end up (I hope) at my Gravity form that will create a post (business listing). It’s this form that I want only limited access to.

So the upgrade form (s2member Pro Form) will create there reoccurring account (monthly or yearly) to make one post. But I don’t want them to get access to the GForm after they use it once right after paying. No other content is blocked on the site other then my GForms I want to just time the access to them but I only see this possible with one time buy now buttons. After they make a post they are just like a free member (but with a fancy level 1 to take the money) but they have paid for advertising on the site.

Now if they do t use the form right away I hope to generate a link (that expires) with one of the other of many settings I saw somewhere in s2members settings. Everything is fine for some buy now access GForms I have for another post type but they are not reoccurring payments.

I hope I made more sense this time.

Gee can I add affiliate links to all the name dropping?

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 7:31 am #40106
Staff Member

Gee can I add affiliate links to all the name dropping?

Yes, that’s fine. As long as you’re not advertising explicitly in these forums.

So the upgrade form (s2member Pro Form) will create there reoccurring account (monthly or yearly) to make one post. But I don’t want them to get access to the GForm after they use it once right after paying.

s2Member® does not come with any functionality that would accomplish this for you out-of-the-box. s2Member’s Specific Post/Page Access can expire content after just a few minutes if you like, but it’s still not the same as what you’re describing.

I recommend that you add a custom field dynamically, whenever a new post is created by this plugin. For instance, you might have something like this.

<?php
if($_POST&#91;'new_post_data'&#93;) // Or whatever...
{
	$user = wp_get_current_user();
	update_user_option($user_id, 'gravity_form_posted', 'yes');
}
?>

Now, in your Post where you make the Gravitiy Form available, wrap that with something like this.

<?php if(get_user_option('gravity_form_posted') === 'yes'){ ?>
	Display message (you cannot post again...)
<?php } else {  ?>
	Display the form and allow them to post.
<?php } ?>

That’s about as far as I can go on custom coding. I’ll be happy to provide you with more leads on where to find certain things, or to share ideas with you. Please see: s2Member® » Support Policy » Within Scope for some clarification on this. Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:18 am #40329
Michael

Perfect I see what I need to do. Thanks for all your help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.