latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I create a working registration form

Home Forums Community Forum How do I create a working registration form

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 25th, 2012 at 3:54 am #11807

This is about the free version of s2member.
I followed the steps for creating a registration page, doing what was asked in the general settings as well as in the design for the page.
I also looked at the youtube videos but all I get is an empty page with the [generic page] text on it. (and the paypal button I created)
What steps do I need to take to make the registration form visible?
I cannot figure that part out and the quick start guide is fuzzy over that one.
FYI, the site runs on IIS and I will not change that (too many other sites running on it).
I do notice the URL under the general options->Login/registration design. Using that I see a registration form, but I don’t have the paypal button there. That one lives on the “membership options page” I was asked to create. And frankly, THAT is the page where I want the form to appear. (SO my subscribers do go to PayPal after finishing registration) I want this because otherwise the registration page looks completely different from the style I use on my site.
Another VERY annoying fact is that the registration form I created is constantly pushing itself as a frontpage, which is something I definetely did NOT define.
Even more so, I defined it to be only accessible through a hyperlink on that from page. Sigh, why do people make things so hard?

I need to get this working or I will look for another option. I find s2member hard to understand, the “help” is fuzzy (to use an understatement)

*** Several hours later ***
The longer I have to wait to more I am convinced that I have to look for another option. Who proves me wrong!? Even s2member support is not reacting. Am I asking the impossible?

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.