latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I remove some registration fields?

Home Forums Community Forum How do I remove some registration fields?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 3:17 am #32518
Nat Green
Username: natgreen

How do I remove the fields Transaction ID, and the “Yes, I want to receive updates via email”?

I’m only planning on having a free membership site, so there is no reason to have the Trans ID line there as I think it adds confusion as the people signing up won’t be going to or coming from Paypal.

I also want to make the first and last name fields required with an asterisk by it. The asterisk isn’t shown but if I try to submit the form without the first and last name it tells me I need to fill them out. Seems kinda strange

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Nat Green.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 10:13 am #32534
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nat,

The transaction ID field is for s2Member, and your members don’t need to fill it, only s2Member needs it for s2Member stuff. It isn’t offered to the user for him to fill.

If you are using the free registration form that WordPress provides (http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register) then you will have to modify WordPress to include that, not s2Member.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 1:16 pm #32538
Nat Green

Thanks for replying Eduan.

if the transaction ID field isn’t needed for my members, why is it showing then?
Shouldn’t there be a way to remove it then?
It is indeed showing on my new members sign up page.

I am using that free registration page (http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=register).
Where do I edit that in the WordPress settings then if that is the case?

What is the other alternative to using that page?

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 3:00 pm #32541
Eduan

Could you please show us the real URL to your website? So that we may check what might be adding that. Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #32542
Nat Green

sure, the sign up page is http://www.thewayto1kaday.com/wp-login.php?action=register
Thanks for your help!

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #32544
Eduan

That’s very strange… s2Member doesn’t add that field by default, and neither does WordPress. You might be interested in checking under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields to make sure you didn’t add this in yourself.

Also, it might be possible that another plugin, or your theme is adding this, could you please follow these troubleshooting tips: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Thanks!
– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.