latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

API Payment Notification – triggers but…

Home Forums Community Forum API Payment Notification – triggers but…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 7:05 pm #50147

I am sending IDevAffiliate in an MU Plugin

img src=’https://www.hornsillustrated.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=1.50&idev_ordernum=’ /

This is inside php code and it works perfectly…well almost.

iDev gets the transaction however the idev_saleamt is not set to $1.50. It’s set to the original order amount. I’ve tested this out and it’s almost like iDev does a look up on S2Member and gets the sale amount there instead of what I’m passing it.

Is there something I”m missing? Are there other codes that I should be sending IDev?

BTW, the way you have S2 Payment Notification designed, it rocks. Makes it super easy to customize things.

Cordially,
Terry

PS. Interesting troubleshooting note: When I put this link in this post (accidentally) and the img was rendered, it triggered a commission inside of idev and it worked perfectly with the correct amount. This tells me iDev and sale.php must be pulling another dollar amount when it gets rendered inside S2.

PSS. Something EVEN MORE INTERESTING…In the MU Plugin, I simply rendered the 1×1 pixel with out passing any variables. So just: img src=http://xyz.com/sale.php?profile=83

In iDev, it shows not only the dollar amount but also the transaction id or subsciber id.

So, I can only assume sale.php is programmed to ignore the replacement codes? How can this be?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 6:22 am #50194

I’m curious, is there a list of replacement codes that iDevAffiliate accepts?

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 5:01 am #50270
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

iDev gets the transaction however the idev_saleamt is not set to $1.50. It’s set to the original order amount. I’ve tested this out and it’s almost like iDev does a look up on S2Member and gets the sale amount there instead of what I’m passing it.

Do you still have iDevAffiliate integrated within API/Tracking? I don’t believe this is possible.

I’m curious, is there a list of replacement codes that iDevAffiliate accepts?

I believe there is an API available in the iDevAffiliate admin Dashboard. However the only ones you should need are profile, idev_saleamt, and idev_ordernum

Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 8:03 am #50286

Brian,

Thank you for your reply. You say you don’t this this is possible…

I was trying to implement this based on the conversation on this post: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/sending-idevaffiliate-a-specific-amount/

I’m not sure even what question to ask now. I did take out the API/Tracking code for iDev.

I did this so that the API Payment Notification would trigger and then I created a MU Plugin that calculated the new idev_saleamt. The MU Plugin works perfectly except for sending the new value to iDev.

Curious, what do you think this is not possible. I think I know, because sale.php actually reads (it appears) S2Member records from the db.

As a test, in the MU Plugin, I just put in the call to iDev only sale.php?profile=83 and it still pulled the actual sale amount. So without passing it idev_saleamt it still knew what it was. Also like the order/transaction # was in a memory variable or something.

So here is all I want to do. Take the original sale amount subtract cost of goods and make the remaining amount the commissionable amount.

Sale Amount = $100
COG = $75
idev_saleamt=$25

img src=”xyz.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=25&idev_ordernum=1234″

Are there ANY options I do have?

Cordially,

Terry

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 3:50 am #50328
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

You say you don’t this this is possible…

I’m sorry I should have clarified was was not possible. By this I meant the ability for iDevAffiliate to check the original amount that s2Member accepted. That is not possible, as iDevAffiliate is not querying s2Member for the information.

Have you tried making sure that the amount you’re sending iDevAffiliate has the ending decimal and 2 numbers at the end? For example you said that this didn’t work:

xyz.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=25&idev_ordernum=1234

How about this?

xyz.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=83&idev_saleamt=25.00&idev_ordernum=1234

See: http://www.idevkb.com/assets/commission_override.pdf

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.