latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How smooth will my transition be?

Home Forums Community Forum How smooth will my transition be?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 3:17 pm #19912
Dianne McLean
Username: Dianne

I have a regular wordpress site, and am currently using S2Member (free version).

I am considering upgrading to S2Member Pro, but also converting to a Buddypress site so that I can use restricted sections of the site as an LMS. I want to convert to buddypress first, then upgrade to S2 pro.

My concern is the upgrade from wordpress to buddypress – is that going to affect my member list? Because I am currently on the S2 free version, I am not able to download my member list. I have a backup in aweber, but I just don’t want to have to ask my members to recreate their login and profile info on the website.

Also, I understand you are not developers of buddypress, but in your experience will the transition to buddypress affect my posts and pages?

Please advise,
Dianne McLean
hecoa.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 7:11 am #19936

Hi Dianne.

I haven’t heard from people saying they added BuddyPress and had trouble with their users list. That doesn’t mean it could never happen though.

It’s always a good practice to make a full backup of your site before changes, so that you can go back to the working version if something goes wrong. If you don’t know how to do it, you could contact your hosting service and ask them for help with this.

I hope that helps! :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.