latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to allow a Level 1 Author?

Home Forums Community Forum How to allow a Level 1 Author?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 1:24 pm #31883
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

Hi everyone.

I’m certain that my question has been asked before, mostly because I recall reading the “how to” over a year ago, but it seems I’m unable to find it using the keywords that I have been using.

My question is simple:

How do I allow a Level 1 subscriber to have wp author rights (or contributor or editor)?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:15 pm #31887
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Buck,

I believe you are looking for the User Role Editor plugin, I believe you would simply have to give level 1 the author/contributor/editor role, or vice-versa.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:18 pm #31889
Buck

Hi Eduan.

Thanks, I’m looking into the User Role Editor plugin now… but that seems to create a blanket right to all Level N members.

While I want some Level 1 members to have author rights, I do not want all Level 1 members to have author rights… do you know right off hand if that can be accomplished with the URE plugin mentioned above?

Thanks,
Buck

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:25 pm #31890
Eduan

Well, you could do the change for level 2, 3, 4 whatever level that you never offer, and to those users give them those levels.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:30 pm #31891
Buck

I think you are right. I need to research the Custom Capabilities a bit more, too.

Thanks for your time, it’s appreciated.

Have a great day.

Posted: Saturday Nov 17th, 2012 at 2:50 pm #31893
Eduan

No problem. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.