latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to avoid page conflict

Home Forums Community Forum How to avoid page conflict

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:31 pm #26731

The setup we’re trying to create is resulting in “Your Login Welcome Page is currently configured as your Home Page” errors. I’ve seen a post about resolving this for Membership Options page, but can’t seem to work out how to do this for the Login Welcome page. Here’s the setup we’re aiming for:

Home page is set to /welcome
The page at ‘/welcome’ is restricted, which means people who land on the home page are directed to the login page
Once logged in, they should be sent to the /welcome page, but this causes the conflict

The reason we want the home page to be /welcome is so that if people click on the site logo after they’ve logged in, they are taken to the welcome page. At the moment, we’ve had to create 2 identical Welcome pages, but telling them apart in the configuration and menu editor is impossible – it’s just luck whether we get it right and can take ages trying to remember if it should be the first or second in the list (we’re setting up a number of sites like this).

Putting the explicit site URL in the ‘special redirection’ box clears the error – but since the effect is identical to choosing the /welcome page, is this still likely to be a problem? Can you explain more about the conflict, and what implications it will have? Is it really likely to cause us problems in this scenario?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:16 am #26832

Hi Andy.

Putting the explicit site URL in the ‘special redirection’ box clears the error – but since the effect is identical to choosing the /welcome page, is this still likely to be a problem? Can you explain more about the conflict, and what implications it will have? Is it really likely to cause us problems in this scenario?

I think that’d be fine. I know the conflict happens if you pick from the WP pages dropdown, but entering a URL works as a redirection and there doesn’t seem to be an internal conflict with the Home page setting as far as I know.

Let me know if you do have any problems using it like that, please. I hope you have none, though. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 3:30 pm #26885

Hmm – still a bit confused as to what the internal conflict is, and so how we’d know if we were suffering problems as a result. If I do pick a page and ignore the error, what are the symptoms of the conflict?

Thanks,

Andy.

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:33 am #26940

I’m not sure what specific symptom it may have, but it’d be an unusual behavior from what’s expected, like what you experienced.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.