latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to cancel Paypal acct during Free trial?

Home Forums Community Forum How to cancel Paypal acct during Free trial?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 27th, 2013 at 6:30 pm #39738

Hi,
I have S2member Pro and am using Pro forms with Paypal. I offer a 30 day free trial for my product before they get charged. I notice in testing that if a user pays with Paypal but wants to cancel during the trial, the Pro form cancellation form makes them login to Paypal to cancel their own account.

The problem is that it appears no Paypal account is created for them or for me while they receive this 30 days of access for $0, so there is nothing for them to cancel. They’ll have to wait until they actually get billed to cancel? Is there a workaround for this? I don’t even know what I could do for them from my end besides delete the user in the wordpress dashboard. But this wouldn’t cancel the Paypal payments, would it?

Thanks,
John

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 30th, 2013 at 3:44 am #39988
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

If a customer wants to cancel, you can always process this manually.
1. Deny them on-site access by revoking Membership privileges via WordPress/s2Member.
2. Log into PayPal and cancel the Subscription (or Recurring Profile) associated with the customer.

Paypal but wants to cancel during the trial, the Pro form cancellation form makes them login to Paypal to cancel their own account.

If they paid via PayPal (i.e. through a PayPal Button, or through PayPal Express Checkout), they will need to login at PayPal.com, access their list of Subscriptions (or Billing Agreements), and terminate future billing. If they terminate future billing, s2Member is notified behind-the-scene; and s2Member will take the appropriate action, at the appropriate time.

Every customer that goes through PayPal, where there is Recurring Billing or an Initial/Trial period, will have a PayPal account. And, it won’t matter if they have started paying you or not yet; they still have a Billing Agreement (or Subscription) in their PayPal account that they can terminate at any time they like.

The only exception to this, is with PayPal’s ERP service. If you’re using PayPal’s ERP service, customers that paid you via PayPal, will NOT have a PayPal account. The only way for them to cancel future charges, is by contacting you. You must handle these manually. Please see: https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-integration-2/#post-38392
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.