latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to create custom registration fields?

Home Forums Community Forum How to create custom registration fields?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Rogan Josh 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:41 am #23102
Rogan Josh
Username: harrynbk

Just installed s2member, and I have dug into the documentation but can’t find an answer to this.

In the Quick-Start guide it says:

From your s2Member General Options Panel, you can setup the basics of your Membership offering. Including the design of your Login/Registration Form, any Custom Registration/Profile Fields you’d like to create, Labels for each Membership Level, Open Registration (on/off), a Profile Editing Panel for Members, and more.

Over in the General Options page, there is a section which looks like it is supposed to allow adding these fields. There is a small heading:

Custom Registration/Profile Fields:

But nothing appears under this heading. It goes straight on to some standard option boxes such as:

Collect First/Last Names during Registration?

It looks like something is meant to be displayed, but is missing. Anyone got a good tip?

I’m running Framework, version 120703, i.e. very recent.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 4:27 am #23539
Rogan Josh

Any ideas folks?

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 9:50 am #23581
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Rogan,

I have seen this problem in the past, caused by a plugin or theme conflict with s2Member.

Could you please try changing your theme to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven).

If that doesn’t work, could you please try deactivating all your plugins (except s2Member) and reactivating them one by one until the problem appears again? Thanks.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 3:24 pm #23612
Rogan Josh

Hi Eduan,

thanks for the idea – however it didn’t help :-( Even with default Twenty-Eleven theme and no plugins aside from s2member, there is no change in the General Options page.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 9:04 am #23689
Eduan

Hmm. That’s very strange, could you try doing a clean install of WordPress? Just re-install WordPress and only install s2Member, this is to make sure that any plugin or theme don’t interfere at all, and to make sure s2Member was installed correctly. It can of course be in a development environment sub-site or whatever, doesn’t have to be your website.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:15 pm #24181
Rogan Josh

OK – I did a clean WordPress install, and then installed s2member as the first thing, and it looks quite different.

On the new site the General Options page has a number of toplevel expandable topics, including one on Registration/Profile Fields and options.

On the original site, the General options page does not have these expandable topics – it looks like one long page.

Does that give a clue?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:37 pm #24182
Rogan Josh

I just found what the difference was: on the site that is NOT working, the WordPress install is in a subdirectory i.e.

site.com/wordpress

It works OK as long as I don’t change the WP Settings->General->Site Address(URL) to site.com (and then also update the index.php in site.com root).

So: how to get s2member to work OK when WP is installed in a subdirectory, but the site URL points directly to WP?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:34 pm #24194
Eduan

Hmm… Don’t know what to say about this, I’ll get in contact with Jason and see what he has to say, won’t necessarily post here though. ;)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #24199
Rogan Josh

After some more investigation, I can get the new site to misbehave if I leave out the index.pp in the wordpress/ directory. Same symptoms.

However, ensuring that index.php and .htaccess on the original site are identical with the new does not fix the old site!

I think I will just rebuild on the new site, now I’ve gone this far.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:50 pm #24201
Eduan

OK, what ever you think is best.

I told Jason so that he can look into this (possible) bug. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 2:21 am #24266
Rogan Josh

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:42 am #24318
Eduan

No problem. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 11:26 am #24331

I do have the same problem: the general options page is a long text-like page, and i cannot change the custom registration fields. I am under justhost on a public website, so i canno teasily restructure the website.
What do you suggest? please help.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 9:16 pm #26903
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

site.com/wordpress

It works OK as long as I don’t change the WP Settings->General->Site Address(URL) to site.com (and then also update the index.php in site.com root).

So: how to get s2member to work OK when WP is installed in a subdirectory, but the site URL points directly to WP?

As far as I know, there are no issues with this, so long as you make absolutely sure that you “copy” the index.php file into your home directory, and not must move it. If you’ve installed WP into a sub-directory, and then you move the index.php file outside of this directory, it will break s2Member. Please be sure to follow the instructions here carefully, and “copy” the index.php file into the home directory, leaving the original index.php file in the sub-directory location for s2Member and other plugins to use.

Please see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

Please let us know if problems persist. Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 2:08 am #26912
Rogan Josh

Thanks for pursuing this (although I have got rid of the problem, by starting a new copy of the site – so no worries here!).

I can confirm that in the old site, the index.php is present in both places and differs only in the path:

webmgr@host1:~/www/site2$ diff index.php wordpress/index.php
17c17
require(‘./wp-blog-header.php’);

Same permissions too.

Removing the copy in the new (working) duplicates the problem. But it would appear something else must be wrong in the old site.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.