latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to direct visitor to login / register

Home Forums Community Forum How to direct visitor to login / register

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am #56420

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:29 am #56424

seems that s2Member does not contain a facility to customize your user login page so you need to install the WP Plugin “Theme My Login” (see http://www.jfarthing.com/development/theme-my-login/)

I am still digging into this…

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:30 am #56425

ok, once you install Theme My Login, it seems you need to hook into it by adding some javascript. (see http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/theme-my-login-custom-registration-page/)

still digging into this…

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:36 am #56426

side note — “Side Bar Widget” (http://wordpress.org/plugins/sidebar-login/) may be a necessary plugin to make all of this work, but I am not there yet. Still digging and working on this …

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:48 am #56429

I am making headway…once you install the “Theme My Login” plugin, open your s2Members Subscriptions page in WP Pages and insert the following short code on the page somewhere to get you started seeing what the login form looks like. Shortcode:

[theme-my-login]
Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 7:55 am #56433

s2Member system is frustrating to be completely honest. I can see that it is most likely a powerful and awesome tool in the background. It just lacks an easy and understandable facility to setup user registrration and login that can be themed to your site. Still pioneering and paving the way for other users to benefit from my R&D.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 7:26 am #58776

But I nee a more intermediary page that allows someone to either login or subscribe. And I want to be able to customize that page.

You’d use the Membership Options page for that, since it’s the one where the user is taken when he tries to open content he doesn’t have the access for. That is just a WP page that you choose for this redirection, and it can have any message you put in it. It can say that if he has an account to login to it and if he doesn’t then get one and explain the subsription and payment options. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SMp9DYL3nM

Right now it seems that s2Membver has taken over my WP login page and later I want to re-theme that page ass well.

seems that s2Member does not contain a facility to customize your user login page so you need to install the WP Plugin “Theme My Login”

The login page is still WP’s wp-login.php. s2Member does add an image, but you can customize it.

s2Member helps you customize things wp-login.php, which aren’t in a default WP. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Registration Design[/hilite]

That said, if you want to use regular WP pages for your registration and login, s2Member Pro does have a registration form and a login widget that you can use for that purpose. And there may be other plugins that let you achieve this too.

Theme My Login may let you do that too, but I’m not familiar with it. I do remember that some years ago it had a conflict with s2Member, but it may not be the case anymore. Just a heads up, since you’re trying that plugin.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 28th, 2013 at 9:29 am #58802
Avijit Nanda
Username: avijit

Hi,
Can i create custom login/registration by the free version of s2member.Is there any shortcode or function that i can use to create my login/registration in template page(front end)

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 6:28 am #58835

No, s2Member Framework doesn’t have something to achieve that in a WP page.

There may be other plugins or hacks to have login/registration with your theme’s look. Have you looked into that?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.